40: Venus

Princess Venus is engaged to Prince Pierre. Also, remember Charles? He still believes he should be the one to marry Venus.

Mother placed a sapphire pendant around my neck. She adjusted it, then smiled at me, and kissed my forehead. "Try not to die during the night rompage, okay?" she said.

I laughed in response. "Yes, of course Mother."

I went to stand by Pierre, while trying not to trip over my wedding dress. As I walked down the aisle, Persephonie and Athena sang "Je vivroie liement" with the musicians. When I stood facing Pierre, he fixed my tiara and I blushed, slightly, as his fingers brushed past my braided rings.

The Bishop cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, and started the ceremony. "Blessings and merry meet. Gentle lords, and ladies, their bands today have been published, we are here today to join Prince Pierre of Varac and Princess Venus of Crotis, togeather. They have asked yee here to share their joy, and declare their love for one another before yee, as rulers. Prince Pierre, art thou here this day in pledged troth of thy own free will and choice?"

"Aye, Father" Pierre said, looking into my eyes.

The Bishop faced me as he asked, "Princess Venus, art thou here this day in pledged troth of thy own free will and choice?"

"Aye, Father" I said, not taking my eyes off of Pierre.

The Bishop then addressed the audience, saying, "In as much as this Noble Prince Pierre and Fair Princess Venus have pledged their troth to be married this day, we call upon Heaven to bless this union. Therefore if any one can show just cause, why they may not be joined together, by God's Law, or the Laws of the Realm; let them now speak, or else hereafter keep silent for all time." He waited for a couple moments. Then, suddenly, An albino man burst through the church door, and I immediately recognized his exotic green eyes- the only splash of color on his pale body. The very eyes I had once fallen for.

"Now, now, Father. A beautiful princess such as Princess Venus can not very well marry someone dead, now can she?" he asked. Then, swiftly, before anyone could decipher what was going on, an arrow shot through Pierre's wedding attire, and he fell to his knees, blood spurting from chest, where the arrow was.

"No" I whispered. "NO!" I cried, and tears streamed down my face. I got on my knees and held Pierre's face in my hands. "Don't go" I whispered to him. But I saw his eyes roll back in his head, before I even had the chance to finish my sentence.

I let him drop, then stood up, and stormed down the aisle to face Charles. I wrenched the bow from his hand, and hit his head with it. I grabbed his collar, pulled his scared face close to my own, and yelled with tears streaming down my face, "Why would you do that? Why would you come in and kill the love of my life?"

"Because he is not the love of your life!" Charles retorted. "I am! Don't you see? I was saving you from a lifetime of misery. You could not have been happy with him. I am the only person who will satisfy your needs. I am the only person, in this entire world, who can make you happy."

I shoved him away from me, and felt arms grab me. I struggled against them. I wanted to slap Charles. Hell, I wanted to kill Charles. I saw guards surrounding him, and take him away. I stared after them, as familiar voices whispered words that went unheard.

With tears dripping off my chin, I pushed the people holding me back, away from me, and ran to the bleeding Prince at the altar. The Bishop was horror-struck, and the Varian Royals stood around Varac's heir.

"King Charles will be executed tomorrow at sundown" Father announced. "You are all dissmissed."

The guests quickly cleared, probably out of fear. I kept staring at the pool of blood Pierre lay in. Why would Charles do something like that? Why would he have killed my husband- to -be? Why would anyone do that?

I could not deal with this right now. Despite people calling my name, and grabbing on to me, I left them. I left the church and ran. I ran and I ran and I kept running. I did not know where I was going. All I knew were two things: one, get away from people, and two: kill King Charles of Charlissa.

A/N: I used an actual medieval wedding oath that I found. Also, if you're wondering, a night rompage is a thing where after the wedding, the witnesses chase the bride. Vote and Comment!