37: Cedric

Cedric is face to face with General Edward from Charlissa. Let's see how this goes down...

I gripped my sword, tightly. "You are weaponless" I stated, taking note of his relaxed figure.

General Edward smirked again. "It does not matter" he replied. He backed away, still smirking, and I advanced on him. "You are not going to kill me."

"Why would you say that?" I questioned him. It is true, I probably would not kill him, but he does'nt need to know that.

"Because you are still a child" General Edward said. "You're not even sixteen, and you have been made king. No wonder Bruvia's status has gone down."

"I outgrew my childhood a long time ago" I seethed, and gripped my sword even tighter.

"And when was that? When wittle Prince Ceddie got coronated?" he mocked, then let out a booming laugh.

I ground my teeth. I swear, I might actually kill this guy. I'm seriously considering it. "When I outgrew my childhood is none of your business. Just... Just get out of Bruvia and never set foot here again! You can also tell your baboon of a king that he should give up on trying to take Bruvia, because it's King has returned, and he is going to return Bruvia to its original, glorious state."

Edward put his face right up to mine, our noses touched, and I felt his breath on my lips. "Listen to this, lad, and listen to this well: King Charles has been underestimated his entire life, and he has learned to use it to his advantage. King Charles' albinism has prevented people from seeing him as anything but an old man."

"He doesn't look that old" I pointed out.

General Edward rolled his eyes. "His hair is snow- white. Many people associate snow- white hair with old people.

"Now, as I was saying, people never saw him as anything but an old man. They did not think he was capable of anything. Now look where King Charles is- he practically created his own kingdom, and is ruling over an outstanding empire."

I stepped back, and raised my sword. "I don't care."

Edward sighed in defeat and annoyance. "Fine. I'll tell King Charles what you told me, but he is still going to come after you."

"I don't care" I repeated. "I can take care of myself. Now, get out of my kingdom."

General Edward curtly bowed, then took long strides away from me. But, before disappeared down the hallway, he turned and said to me, "Watch over yourself King Cedric." Then, he was gone.

---

A/N: Sorry for the late updates and short chapters. I kind of have lot going on. A big thanks to those of you who have still stuck with this story. Vote and comment!!