43: Megan

IMPORTANT!!! 

I decided to add more medieval curse words, and I'll define them here:

Bracmard- essentially means "a dickhead"

Recap: Persephonie is into embroidery and is working on a piece right now.

I did not say anything as I watched Persephonie weaving a paleish, brownish colored thread (I guess it is tan colored?) in and out of the white cloth attached to the embroidery hoop. I did not understand why, but the movement of the thread mesmerized me.

Suddenly, Persephonie let out a yelp, and pulled her left hand away from the hoop, and sucked on her index finger.

"What happened?" I asked, frowning. I wanted her to continue her mesmerizing weaving of the tan thread.

"Nothing, I just poked my finger" she replied, shaking her left hand. I caught it and examined her index finger. There was a growing bubble of crimson blood on the finger pad. I wiped it away with my thumb.

My eye caught the cupped, bronze pendant of the necklace she had decided to wear. Strange that it was bronze; she usually wore gold, sometimes silver. "Give me that" I said, gesturing to her neck. Placing her embroidery down, Persephonie undid her necklace and handed it to me. I yanked the pendant off, and she gaped at me. I shushed her, and placed the slightly cupped bronze pendant over the Princess' index finger. "Now the needle won't stab you anymore."

Persephonie gave me a playful smile, then leaned forward and pressed her lips to mine. We stayed like that, moving in sync, knowing we fitted together. Like two seeds in one pomegranate. When we pulled away, Persephonie looked me directly in my eyes. "I have a confession to make" she said. I nodded at her to continue, and when she did not, I waited for her to. Eventually, she did. Taking a deep breath, she slowly whispered, "I- love- you."

I was dumbstruck. At a loss for what to say. "Erm... in what way?" I asked stupidly, after a while.

"The way I loved Louis." Came her immediate reply.

"Prince Louis?!" I exclaimed, not believing her. She nodded, but I still did not believe her. How could I? The woman is engaged to a bracmard. "As in Prince Louis of Bruvia?" I exclaimed again, asking for her confirmation.

Persephonie clasped my hands and laughed. "Prince Louis as in the one that dragged a wooden sword down my arm, which in turn led to our meeting."

"You... you can't be serious" I breathed, still not believing her. "Just a few months ago you said two women can not love each other like a man and a woman can."

"I am not always correct" she breathed. Despite my best efforts, I could not stop myself. I leaned forward and caught her lips in mine.

"I love you too" I whispered against her lips.

"I know" came her quick, and abrupt reply, before our lips attached again. I did not want this to stop. I wanted it to be us- just Persephonie and me- with no barriers of social status, religious rules, or any other kind of tallywags.

A/N: This was short and strange, and a filler chapter (kind of? It was a lil important I'd say). I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm really sleep deprived. Happy late Labor Day and Vote and Comment!