39: Megan

My heart was still begging to get out of my chest by the time I got home. I had not brought anything from the castle with me this time. All I could think about was Persephonie.

After we had kissed, I picked a pomegranate from the tree and had handed it to her. She had used a knife she had brought with her in hopes of picking more pomegranates to cut the one I had given her, and we each ate a half, talking, and pretending as though today was just any, other day.

When I walked into the house, only Elizabeth, Polly, Samantha, and Emily were there, with little William and Polly's newborn, Johnny (named after his father).

"Someone's happy" Emily greeted me. "Is it a boy?"

"No" I said, dreamily. "No, it is not a boy. Just Princess Persephonie."

Emily looked genuinely confused. "What did you do with the Princess?"

Oh, nothing. We just kissed under a pomegranate tree is all. Oh, and by the way, I'm in love with the Princess. Is that okay with you guys? This, is what I wanted to say. But what I said instead, was, "It was absolutely amazing." I took off my bonnett and undid my hair, letting it fall to my shoulders. I stretched out on my straw mattress, and giggled, remembering the kiss. Oh, what I would give for just another one.

With the taste of her lips on my mind, I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

A/N: A short chapter, but one that was needed :) Vote and Comment!