Bill thought it was all the things we saw, experienced and all the different and new faces we saw that made my memory fog up a bit. But it had no affect on him though. He said he could remember Mellie as crystal clear as if she was standing right in front of him.

I mentally kind of hated him for that. Everyday I tried to refresh my memory to keep Taylor in perfect form in my head but it got harder every day. When I fumed out, breaking things out of the rage I had over my own weak state of mind, Bill often described. During my anger bomb he would just simply start describing Taylor, piece by piece.

The soft, marbled blonde hair she had, the way she teased Hirato and Mellie, and her dark blue eyes. By the time he had explained her eyes I usually calmed down enough because I regained some of my fuzzy memory.

However last time he didn’t stop at that. Remembering the words in my head...

“I remember the way she looked at the floor, embarrassed of course, when describing she never fully could let you go after she left Tokyo. She loved you through everything Tom, and she will never accept any other fact that you are the only one for her.”

That almost made me break. I could never in my life understand that woman, how she actually felt about me. There wasn’t just passion between Taylor and me, it was friendship, scars, comfort and tranquility.

I felt with my fingers over the necklace again and tried to send a mental note to her, saying I was alive, but it felt useless.

-TOM! Bill barged in, panting like he just ran a mile. In reaction, I grabbed my gun on the table and jumped up from my seat.

-What? What’s going on?!

My heart twitched, since he nearly scared me to death by crashing inside.  

-Some scrappy little kid gave me this! He announced and waved a white envelope in his hand. Frowning I instantly felt suspicious.

-He just gave you the letter, just like that? I asked as Bill nodded eagerly.

-Well be careful, but open it, I suggested as he walked up to me, slowly and very carefully opened the envelope and pulled out two pieces of paper. In simple handwriting with a blue pen it said

“Turn on the news”

Bill and I looked at each other, not knowing what the meaning of this was. Bill turned to the small little TV and turned it on, turning channel to the news.

The screen instantly blew up in intense red colors and flashing video-footage of dozens of men, tied down with handcuffs. They were all screaming and trying to kick free from the police’s hands but without any luck as they were thrown ingot a huge black police truck. Bill and I stared at the TV as the Russian woman started talking and turned towards the right where a screen popped up with a dressed man, talking into a mike.

-So Roger, what’s the status? The Russian woman asked with a thick accent.

-Well right now Natasha, the mafia goons and their bosses have been captured and is being taken to jail. For months, the police around Europe have been trying to get a hold of their rampage around the countries, breaking, stealing and destroying everything in their path for unknown reasons.  Not until reason hours there was no way for the government to capture them all until reliable sources got the evidence of a mass drug dealership between the different families, he explained.

My heart was pounding so hard in my chest I almost felt like I was in a bubble, my ears pumping with my own heartbeat. What and when had this even taken place? I had no idea but I knew it couldn’t be far judging by the cold and the scenery in the background where you still could see the men being hoisted up into the truck.

-And what does this mean now Roger? The woman in the news asked while nervously fidgeting with a pen in her hand.

-A lot of pressure and a lot of underground criminality has been swept of the streets and for once in a very long time, the police finally seem to be the upper hand in Europe, Roger answered confidently with a smile.

-Thank you Roger, Natasha said as she turned back to the television and the man disappeared. Breaking into another news report in Russian, I turned to Bill and snatched the second piece of paper right out of his hands.

“Hope you enjoyed the news. I’m sorry for what I did, I truly am… We’re even now by the way”

I stared at the words and my heart nearly stopped as I saw the last letters in a deep scarlet red color.

“Yours truly, Evelyn Mariko”

The woman who destroyed my life almost three years ago had somehow found evidence to frame the bosses for everything bad they’ve done, to clear them off the streets.

-Oh my god, Bill gasped as he took the piece of paper from my hands and looked at it. Raising his eyes and staring hopefully, scared and confused into mine he asked.

-What does this mean?

On the verge of going insane of all the thoughts spinning in my head, I took a deep breath.

-It means we can go home, without ever having to look back. 

_____________________________________________________________________

A/N Hey guys! I have been out of town for a few days if you were wondering where i'd been and not pdating! I hpe you like the chapter! And what do you think about Bill and Tom returning back? ;) do you think they will get the chance to get home or won't they even get a warm greeting? What do you think? ;) HUGS!!