"Stop talking!" I whisper groan.

"Joy is that you!?" I froze and turn my head only to see my mom looking back at me.

Fack!

"Mom.." I give her a big smile, hoping her killer glare will reduce.

"Why are you coming home this late? And So it was you cursing around!" My mom growl and open the gate of our house, she pause as she notices Kai. "Who's this?" She points at Kai.

I immediately stood up properly and dusting my uniform.

"This.." I point at Kai unsure of what to say. I don't even know Kai either.

"Hello." Kai bows respectfully which makes me roll my eyes. Now he is being respectful.. "I'm Kai, nice to meet you."

"Hmm, yeah hello, but who are you exactly?" My mom ask confused.

"I'm her classmate." Kai replies.

"Oh, okay, nice to meet you."

"Sorry joy was Late. We were studying in school since exam would soon come and we wanted to pass." Kai lies smoothly.

Wow he is a good liar.

"Oh is that so? That's good." My mom nodded her head. "But who was cursing?"

"A woman was passing by and she was cursing at someone on the phone." Kai replies.

"Uh.. The woman sounded like Joy."

"Told you she sounded like you." Kai nudges me on the shoulder.

"Yeah.." I laugh nervously while scratching the back of my head.

"Hmm mam, we are just about to go to the convenient store to study, is that fine?" Kai ask.

"Of course! Of course! Study well kids." My mom  smiles at Kai then turn to me. "Keep this up and you'll be good in your studies."

"Yeah.." I laugh nervously.

"We'll get going, Mam." Kai bows at my mom.

"Goodluck." My mom bows back then walks inside the house.

Once she was gone, I realise all my emotion.

"F*ck! That was so close! Sht I could have died!"

"You better stop cursing cause if your mom hears you there will be no lie that can help you."

"You are right. But oh my god! I thought I was about to die." I touch my chest which was beating fast.

"You owe me.. Twice." Kai smiles at me and I roll my eyes.

"If I owe you trice then I'll do what you want." I laugh and ran down this hill.

"That's unfair!" Kai argued.

"That's my deal!" I argued back.

We argued the whole time to the convenient store even when we were entering the store we still argued.

"So are you buying me something?" I ask.

"Buy for yourself.", he mumble and I gasp.

"What you were the one who asked me to come here and eat! You are the rich one here anyways, so you better buy me something!"

"I don't have money with me." Kai replies dully.

"I don't have money either!" I groan as I now follow Kai who is picking drinks from the refrigerator, checking the date and flavour.

What a picky guy. I would have just pick sprite and go.

"You don't have money but you are picking expensive drink. Kai! Buy me something!" I pull on his jacket.