Chapter 49.3: The End

Part 3
KING

(I recommend you hear this song Endlessness by Really Slow Motion from FFXV's Omen Trailer and read the following at the same time to experience the overwhelming emotion of this ending) 

Million lights all washed away~

Silence filled the halls but his footsteps were heard instead. As he reached close to the rumbling sounds of the citadel.

Empty space in all its grace~

"Noct"

Endlessness is here to stay~

Muffled cheers are heard outside.
"It's starting in two minutes, you ready"

Endlessness won't wash away~~

"Noct.. "

"Noct!"

"Uh what?" Noct comes out of his senses and the music in his mind ends.

It was Gladio standing in front of him.

"You alright?" Gladio asks.

"Yeah I am" Noct nods.

"Noct, its time" Prompto said beside him.

"Yeah" Noct nods.

Cloud and Squall stood behind Noct, "Dad we're here with you. Everyone is" Cloud whispered and Noct nodded,  "I know now"

Noct looked forward, his hand trembling a bit.

"Noct" Prompto whispered.

"Yeah" Noct said in a nervous tone as he turned to Prompto.

Prompto softly smiled and chuckled, "you are nervous aren't you?" Prompto whispered.

"..maybe" Noct said.

Prompto softly smiled,"....I love you, Noctis.. Lucis.. Caelum" Prompto said, "I love you with all my heart and Ill keep loving you. Im very happy we did what we did when we were young. We went through alot together and you stood by my side in the baddest and good moments. Let me be your support this time. Im not going anywhere, because in the end all I want is you and you to be happy. Because I love you, you are the love of my life, and I'll never regret us"

Noct's eyes widened a bit,  "Ill never regret us either. I love you more than you can ever imagine. Im so grateful to have you by my side and to have given me another precious being come into my life. That being our son. I will always love, even after our deaths. I love you too".

9:00am

Ignis came and signaled Noct to come out, "Noct its time, they are waiting"

Noct nodded and the doors of the palace opened.

The cheers of the crowd rose as they saw their soon to be King come out on the big wide screens displayed around the Citadel. He walked forward and saw an alter ahead of him. Beyond it was the stairs guarded by Glaives who were a shield to the mass amount of reporters and photographers who had come. Beyond that was the people who have come from various parts of the country standing before him.