Chapter 14: Nothing Is Either Good or Bad

"..nothing is either good or bad... But thinking it makes it so"

"Luna.. " Noct cried.

9:45am

A tear fell down Luna's cheeks.

"Come here" Luna tried to stay calm and strong and so she sniffed off a tear. She hugged Noct who rested his head under her neck.

"I'm sorry.. Im so sorry... I love you Luna.. I can't... Ugh... I LOVE YOU" he struggled with his emotions and cried as he held onto Luna's dress tight with his right hand and dug his head deeper on Luna's neck. Luna carressed Noct's head. She felt his hair locks as she tried to find the right words to say.

Luna loved Noct and that meant that she would have to let him go so he could be happy.

"I love you Luna" Noct sighed between his quiet sobs.

"...I know you do...... But not the way you wanted to be'

"I don't deserve you or anyone.. I'm a fool"

She made Noct look at her.

"No you aren't"

"Yes I am... I've hurt you and him...Ugh It hurts so much" he looked down and began to break down.

"Hey hey Noct,  look at me" She lifted his chin with her hand and sniffed off more tears that threatened to fall down.

Noct looked at her,  he seemed like a kid again being comforted by his mom.

"You aren't a fool.. No one can blame you for what you feel... I love you so much Noct'

He covered his mouth as more tears fell. He coughed between sobs and listened to Luna.

"I want you to be happy"

"I want you to be happy too" Noct said behind his hand and between sobs.

"I will.... But not by your side... Please don't feel bad for me..."

Noct was shaking a little and closed his eyes as he broke down more.

Luna was heartbroken just seeing him like this.

"Noct, you have been a good partner for the time we were together. You are a good man. A man who is worthy to be King and husband to the one he loves. Be happy Noct....I will never resent you. "

"But.. But what about your happiness?"

"Don't worry about me. The one will come "

"Luna.... I feel so.... I don't want to break up with you"

"Why?.. "

"I don't know.. Its just.. "

"Don't feel like its an obligation. The good thing is that we hadn't announced our marriage to the public. Besides I believe King Regis will understand "

"....I don't want to break up with you,  how can I?... Look what we did moments back... Our first intimacy together and it ends like this. " he sighed while looking down.

"....I believe you already did without knowing Noct"

She let out a soft smile and cupped his cheek.

Noct stared at her wide opened.

"...."

".....can I ask you something? "

"...y-yeah" Noct started to calm down a bit.

Luna got closer to him and whispered,  "Prompto is it? "