Chapter 8.5: Something Is Wrong

Part 5
Alone for Real This Time

Prompto woke up, his eyes swollen from crying. It was quiet. Silence filled his room and house. He felt the pillow next to him and hugged it tight as he buried his face in it.

I'm alone........I've always been alone........my parents died when I was young..........but how come I feel so empty and alone now after all this years?............(flashback of Noct's face staring into space)

Prompto let out a small sigh and though it took awhile, he got his strength and lazily got up. He tripped in his steps and held the walls nearby to hold himself as he went straight to the restroom.

2:30pm

Prompto got out of the restroom and scratched his neck. His steps felt heavy in the cold floor and stopped as he grabbed the chair from the kitchen table and sat on it. He rubbed his face with his palms and then covered his face with his hands. His heart still ached, this was a living emotional hell. He hit the table with his fists and got up from his seat. He walked around impatient, holding his hair in anxiety. He breathed in deep breaths as he walked to the couch nearby and layed down there. He looked up at the ceiling thinking of Noct.

Noct.....noct...NOCT......why can't I stop thinking about you?

Prompto whined in fustration, a tear threatening to fall as he did. But, the sound of his phone ringing made him freeze in place. He looked up at the kitchen table as he saw his phone ring .

Who could it be? Is.....is it Noct?. No. i can't.....I'm not ready....I can't. I can't.

He covered his face with his hands as he heard the phone continue to ring.

"Yes?" Prompto picked up the phone and answered.
"Prompto? Hey why did it take long to pick up?"

Prompto's heart raced as he heard Noct talk through the phone.

"Uh..I...I fell asleep" he said nervously hoping Noct wouldn't notice.

"Hmm...ok" Noct answered, suspicion running through Noct's face.

"So you need anything?"

"Uhm...no, just bored"

"So why not call Luna" Prompto said, sadness covering his face.

"I did, but she had to do some work..AND I have no training today, pretty much I'm free today"

"Haa, me too" Prompto faked a laugh.

"And I think it was for the better"

"Why is that?"

"Well you did do me hard last night and this morning.......remember?.....I'm really sore" Noct let a small laugh.

"Oh...yeah..haha..sorry about that" Prompto blushed and faked another laugh.

"You know you can come over anytime, right?"

"Yeah I know"
"...so would you like to come over again"
"Today?"
"No not today dumbto haha you just came"
Prompto smiled at the nickname.