Chapter 40.2: Rescue

Part 2
Madness Overload

"Get into your cars, we're leaving...now!" Drautos ordered.

"Yes, sir" the Glaives said in unison and ran towards the cars, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokees, that rounded the Citadel.

"Your Highness, you will be coming with us" Nyx stood in front of Noct.

"Right" Noct said.

They got into another jeep. Noctis opened the front door and hopped into the passenger's seat while Nyx opened the back door and led Ignis, Gladio, and Crowe inside.

Drautos was the last to come in as he sat in the driver's seat.

"Everyone here?" Drautos said.

"Everyone" Nyx said.

"Let's go get your fiancé?" Drautos told Noct.

"Yeah" Noct said with anger and sadness in his voice.

One by one the Jeeps left the citadel. A total of at least 11 cars were part of the operation with at least 6 people inside each one.

They drove behind each other and would occasionally stop at the red lights. Noctis gave an annoyed and desperate look towards Drautos when they stopped again at a red light.

"Are you kidding me?" Noctis said in disbelief.

"Your Highness?"

"Why are we stopping at the red lights?"

Drautos gulped and didn't know what to say.

"We need to be there as soon as possible, we don't have time for this! Every second counts. We don't know what they could be doing to him! Now tell your men that we will be going nonstop" Noct said coldly.

"My apologies" Drautos said.

Noctis sighed, "let's just hurry"

"Glaives, listen up. Turn on your sirens, we won't be stopping. We have to get there as soon as possible. Do you hear me?!"

"Yes sir" the Glaives said through their bluetooths.

The sirens went on and the cars made way for them. Soon they got to the freeway. Thankfully there wasn't a lot of traffic for a storm approached and it was best to stay home. At this rate instead of getting there in an hour, 30 minutes was what they were looking at.

Noctis was feeling impatient. He was feeling nervous and his heart was about to break. It worried him to death what might happen to him. Or what might have already happened.

They soon reached Hammerhead and he felt that he was slowly loosing him as every second passed.

"We're almost there Noctis" Ignis said.

"Glaives, turn off your sirens, in a few minutes we will arrive at our destination. We don't want to draw any attention. " Drautos said through his bluetooth.

"Your highness" Nyx quietly called out behind him.

Noctis turned around.

"Put this on. Its an ear piece, a bluetooth, to keep each other in contact. You can talk to everyone in the first line. And you can talk to us especifically at line two."

Noctis grabbed it and put it on.

Nyx gave the others one as well.

They soon got off the main road into a small one heading towards nothing but hills and small mountains with bolders around.