Chapter 41: Touch & Tell

5:10pm

The rain had stopped and just like the art of magic, the storm went away and the only thing that was left was the sun coming down. Soon it will be dark and Noct didn't know what would happen next.

Noct slowly opened the door to Prompto's hospital room. Prompto was seated in the bed,  hugging his knees against his chest. The sunset looked beautiful right there. The evening sunlight gave the room an orangy look and feel.

He was cautious and tried to be patient and calm. It had been just a couple hours that they had saved him but he had not had been able to talk to him. The last time he got close to him he got rejected and Noct was dense to know why. Noct thought Prompto was mad because Noct wasn't there to protect him but it wasn't that.

Prompto looked up at Noct and panic filled his eyes. Prompto frowned and tried to scoot away from Noct as he neared him a few feet away.

"Prompto.. Don't......." A tear fell down Noct's cheek as he saw how scared Prompto was of him.

Prompto's lips trembled in sadness and fear.

"Why?.... Why don't you want to see me?.......... I'm so sorry for not being there on time.......... Where do I even start?" Noct frowned in sadness.

Prompto got off the bed and backed up to a corner wall without letting Noct out of his sight as he neared the bed.

"Stay away" Prompto cried quietly.

"Don't say that...... Are you mad at me?" Noct sadly whispered and grabbed his chest.

Prompto sat in the floor and scooted to the corner wall as Noct rounded the bed.

"Don't come any closer" Prompto's heart raced.

"Don't pull me away... Why?.... Why won't you let me get close?" Noct slowly walked towards Prompto and bended down in front of him.

Tears filled Prompto's face as he hugged himself tightly and moved his shoulders deeper into the corner wall,  as if it were to protect him.

Prompto cried quietly, "Get away from me"

"Prompto please don't hurt me like that,  please don't do this to me. I won't hurt you ever" Noct was just inches from Prompto and Prompto panted more as he saw Noct reach over to hold his cheek.

"No! Don't touch me! please just go away" Prompto cried out in fear.

"Why?" Noct cried.

"I feel dirty......" Prompto closed his eyes.

"No... You aren't" Noct cried with him.

"Oh Noct, I....... Can't go back there.... " Prompto whined under his breath.

"You won't,  you'll be with me" Noct looked at Prompto.

Prompto bit his lip,  shook his head and sniffled away some tears.

"I still feel his hands on me...... I..... Still feel his........ His................it hurts inside........ I still feel his breath on my ear" Prompto struggled to say. He panted and touched his hands, ears and neck as if trying to get rid of the dirty feeling,  "ugh".

Noct whined under his breath and cried quietly as he shook his head in denial.

"Oh Prompto.. No~" Noct whispered and cried in pain as he heard him say that.

"I feel that if you touch where he did......... His face will appear in my mind...............please understand me..........I don't hate you............ I want to hug you right now but ............................... you have to understand............... he raped me Noct! He had no mercy! He kept going even though I told him to stop! It hurt so much....he wouldn't STOP! AHH~~" Prompto cried out loud.