Chapter 48.3: New Couple

Part 3
Not Again

"Hey Cloud" Squall called out to Cloud before following Prompto and Noct out of the room.

Cloud turned around to look at Squall.

"What's up?"

"See?..it wasn't hard was it?"

Cloud blushed, "no... It wasn't"

Squall smirked and went out the room following Prompto and Noct to go pay his majesty a visit.

**********

King Regis laid in his bed, knowing he might have finished his duty as king and might be gone any time soon. He was sick. And he knew it. He felt no pain but just weakness take over his body. He felt he was fading away as the days passed.

As the hours passed.

As the minutes passed.

As the seconds passed.

However, he wasn't scared. Noct had grown into a right man. And was ready to take the title as true king.

King Regis sat up a bit with pillows supporting his back. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, waiting for his son and the rest to come. It was time to say his farewell.

***********

"Uhm... Dad?" Cloud called out to Noct as they all walked in the hall, heading to King Regis's room.

"Yeah, Cloud" Noct said as he kept walking besides Prompto and in front of Cloud and Squall.

".....my grandpa........is really sick isn't he?" Cloud sadly asked.

Noct stopped on his tracks and so did everyone. Noct knew King Regis wasn't doing well even though Regis looked well physically. Noct didn't want to think of the worst. Noct didn't want to be King now. He believed that that title belonged to King Regis alone and no one else.

"Dad?" Cloud quietly called out.

Noct looked down and Prompto could only stare at his beloved husband who was scared inside and in denial.

".....Your Highness?" Squall called out quietly.

"........" Noct looked up and stayed silent.

Prompto looked back at Cloud and Squall and shook his head,  "........King Regis....... Isn't doing so well as he looks".and then softly smiled in compassion.

Squall took a step forward "So...does that mean......?"

Noct began walking,  "lets go, my father awaits"

***************

Gladio stood by the door to King Regis's room along with Ignis.

"How do you see the King holding up?" Gladio asked Iggy with his arms crossed.

Ignis sighed,  "its only a matter of time..... that Noct will ascend to the throne"