Chapter 49.2: The End

Part 2
ACCEPT

Noct looked up at his father's blue ghostly soul as he stood at the bottom of the stairs from the throne.

"....me to decide?" Noct asked.

Regis nodded.

"...I guess I didn't want to be king, as I selfishly thought it wouldn't cause your death" Noct looked down,  "Time was a valuable thing, I tried to hold on but you didn't even know,  wasted it all just to watch you go.  I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart. I'm gonna miss you dad—and I understand, as simple as it is—Don't worry—I'll be taking the responsibility and crown to own—I can't coward in front of my family and you. I'll try my best with the help of my family, friends and you in my heart"

Noct looked up and was lucky to see his father's soul slowly fade away into nothingness. Noct reached for Regis but failed. He had disappeared.

Noct looked at his hand with Regis's ring on his palm.

"I won't let you down" Noct sadly said to Regis.

He wiped away a tear and slowly put on the ring as it send a powerful flare of light shining beautifully around his finger and then slowly fade away, "I'll be King" Noct said with a determined face.

9:10pm

Prompto stood beside Ignis against one of the pillars that surrounded the citadel palace's garden.

"What do think will happen now?" Prompto asked.

"I assumed you might know yourself, you are his husband after all and know him very well" Ignis sighed.

Prompto sighed and sat on the stair a foot away from him.

"I do, but this is hard for Noct. I know he can be king. He can do it and he knows it, it's just —I think he just can't believe Regis is gone" Prompto looked down.

Ignis nodded and fixed his glasses.

"What can I do?" Prompto asked in a low voice.

"Nothing" A voice behind Prompto and Ignis was heard.

Prompto and Ignis turned around to see Noct walking closer.

Prompto stood up and watched his beloved come near.

"Noct.. " Prompto said.

"Prompto.. " Noct responded.

"I thought you were still at the throne room" Prompto said.

"I was" Noct assured him.

Prompto and Ignis stayed quiet not knowing what to say until Prompto spotted Noct wearing Regis's ring.

"Oh, is that...? " Prompto pointed at it.

Noct looked at the ring and turned his hand to look at it properly.

"Yeah, my father's ring" Noct said.

"I assume you've gotten into your senses" Ignis replied.

Noct nodded "yeah"

"Noct" Prompto walked closer to him.

"Yes" Noct said.

"We will be by your side. I will be by your side. You're not alone" Prompto said.