Chapter 47.3: Family

Part 3
Meet & Greet

The elevator doors opened and little Cloud followed his parents into the hall. Cloud was holding Noct's hand and saw how two adults stood at the entrance with another kid like him.

"Noct!" Luna greeted.

"Luna, Nyx" Noct greeted back along with Prompto.

Soon they stood a few feet apart and Cloud stood behind Noct's leg. hiding. Cloud was shy around strangers and so was Luna's kid.

"Sorry for coming so early, it's a few hours from Tenebrae" Nyx said.

"It's alright" Prompto said.

Noct looked down at Cloud, "look Cloud, this is Luna and Nyx..they are like your uncles...say hi"

Cloud just hid and only peeked a little to see.

"Oh~ I remember you couldn't even walk... He is so shy~" Luna said and Prompto laughed.

"How about yours?" Prompto smiled.

Nyx looked down behind his leg and saw how his son was hiding as well.

"He is shy as well, it takes time to open up" Nyx said, "but I know they'll get along, right son?"

The kid looked up at Nyx and then peeked from behind Nyx's leg to see Cloud.

"I heared Ignis is his private tutor" Nyx said.

"Yeah, started a few months ago, maybe like three months ago" Noct said.

"Thats great" Luna said.

"What about him?" Prompto asked.

"He started as well, someone is teaching him in the mornings" Luna said.

As the adults talked, Cloud stared at the kid straight in front of him.

He was wearing a black sweater and black jeans. He had blue eyes and chocolate brown hair. His porcelain skin was nice and soft looking. And despite his age, his features were sharp.

Slowly the adults were walking away to talk privately.

"Cloud, stay here, we will be just over there" Noct said.

Cloud wanted to follow Noct but Noct kissed his cheek and told him to stay and have fun.

"Make him feel at home" Noct whispered.

Luna told her kid the same thing and soon they were both standing alone.

Cloud couldn't look at him and averted his eyes to the ground. Cloud held his chocobo and moogle and waited for him to say something.

A minute passed and no one said a word. Cloud thought it was best if he started since the boy was the one visiting.

"I.... Uhmm... I'm Cloud" Cloud looked at him and so did the boy, "whats your name?"

".........."

".........."

"......Squall" the boy said emotionless.