Chapter 72: Home!!

Natsume's pov

I sat outside in a small park that was just a few blocks away from the town square, I was thinking about the day before. When Levi was finally taken in by Doranbolt and Lahar, I went to go see him because I wanted to explain something to him. Tsuyoshi was taken in separately and questioned heavily by Lahar, who wanted to find out why he had helped Levi with his plan. I couldn't believe the reason Tsuyoshi gave them, I had sat in with Doranbolt on the questioning. Tsuyoshi honestly made me worry about what the magic council would decide to do with him, "Hey, Natsume. What are you doing way out here? We're having a party back at Mika's place to celebrate you defeating Levi. We were all waiting on you." I looked to my left seeing Lucy standing there, "I don't want to celebrate." I shook my head, as Lucy walked over and I looked down at the ground.
"Why not? Is something the matter?" She sat down next to me on the bench, "It's just... I don't get it. It seemed like Levi made it to easy for me to beat him. I just don't have a good feeling about it." My eyes met Lucy's big brown ones and she gave me a small smile. "Natsume, I think your worrying about this to much. I know it hasn't been easy for you in this whole mission. But Natsume," She took my hands and held them in hers, "Natsume, you don't have to worry about him anymore. He's locked up and Doranbolt and Lahar will make sure he can't escape. And now he knows that Zeref is alive, he might not come after the town again." Lucy shook her head, as I raised my head to look up at the sky. "Thanks Lucy, I'll go in a little bit. I want to sit here just a little longer. It's nice out." Lucy shook her head and smiled. "Alright. If you need anyone to talk to about anything, you can always come to me or Erza or the others guild members." I nodded in response as Lucy let go of my hands, stood up and walked away from the park and back to Mika's place.

I sat there for a few more minutes, before I decided to head to Mika's place. "Natsume!!!" I turned my head seeing Lucky rush forward and she collided into my chest as she started blubbering. "Natsume, I tried looking everywhere for you but I couldn't find you!! Where did you go? I was so worried about you." I couldn't help but smile as I wrapped my arms around Lucky, who was still crying. "You didn't have to worry so much. I was with Doranbolt and Lahar. I'm here now and that's all that matters." I patted her head and she looked up at me with her teary eyes. "Wipe those tears and let's go party, shall we?" Lucky smiled, as I wiped away her tears, "Right." She shook her head and I let go of her. We headed to Mika's place and as we were walking down the street, I saw that people mostly were selling things and helping with repairs. "Hey Lucky, wait just a minute. I want to get something from the stands to bring back to the guild hall." I pointed to a particular stand that sold food and drinks. "But there's food at the party." Lucky said, but I didn't wait for her response before walking away to the one across from the big town meeting hall.

I was talking with Lucky and bumped into somebody as we both hit the ground, "Ouch." The person said while I rubbed my head, "Itetete, I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to bump into you." I apologized as I stood up, I got a good look at the person. He had brownish orange hair and bright hazel eyes. "Wait a minute..." He seemed to have recognized me from somewhere, "Do I know you?" I questioned as I let go of his hand, "No, but I know you. You're the girl who took down Levi Matsunaga!" He excitedly shouted and instantly the merchants and townspeople went crazy. So instead of having to buy things, I was given everything I wanted for free. I thanked them profusely and kept insisting on paying, but they wouldn't let me. I had gotten food and some other things from the stands all around even getting Gramps a new shirt that would be his size, I got some other things for Natsu and the others for helping me with the mission.

"Here ya go, Lucky. Now you have a lucky charm for your bracelet." I was given the heart shaped charm and she smiled as I put it on. We left the stands saying goodbye to everybody and finally made it to Mika's house but by the time we made it, it was already time to go. "Hey, Natsume. Where have you been? We were worried." Levy noticed all the bags, I was carrying on my shoulder. "Well, I was coming here but then I wanted to stop by the stands but I bumped into somebody who blurted that I took down Levi and the entire area went nuts and gave me all this free stuff." I sighed, while Natsu took a few bags from me and carried them. "Well, we gotta head back soon. I'll meet you at the car." Erza smiled before taking a bag from me and walked out with everyone else. "I can't thank you enough for what you've done for our town." Kohaku bowed, making me panic. "Don't do that!!! You really don't have to do that!" Mika laughed at my reaction and Kohaku stood up apologizing. As I settled back down Mika wrapped me in a hug, and I could feel her tears run down her cheeks. "Thank you so much, Natsume. You really saved our lives and I can't begin to thank you enough. I hope you have a great life. I'll miss you so much. You've been amazing friend." I smiled before patting her head, "It was no problem and I hope you stay happy. I'll come visit when I can." After the tearful goodbye, I walked out the door still carrying two bags but one was taken from me. "Here, I'll take that out of your hands." Gray stated as he carried it, "Thanks Gray. I got some stuff for you in that bag too." He looked at me, "You didn't have to do that." He shook his head but I smiled, "I wanted to anyways everybody else is getting something. So let's hurry up and get home." I walked faster making him rush after me and we got into the magic mobile. Instead of Erza driving the mobile, it was Gildarts. Natsu leaned onto me and I groaned because he was sick again, "I really wish you would get over this." I sighed as he groaned rolling onto his stomach and I sighed again.

"Hey, Natsume.. Wake up. We're home." I opened my eyes seeing Gildarts standing in front of me and I got out, stretching my arms out. I felt refreshed after having that nap and walked straight into the guild hall only to be attacked by the other guild members, "Natsume, you're back!!" Laki latched onto me and I smiled as the others were bawling. "It's nice to see that everyone is back safe and sound." I smiled at Gramps, who was sitting on the bar. "By the way, the town repayed Natsume with free things because she stopped Levi." Gajeel informed taking a seat at a table, "Yeah, and I got a lot of things for everyone. They even gave me a bag for myself. I was amazed, all I did was take down the bad guy. It wasn't that big of a deal." I shrugged but an arm appeared around my shoulder, "Well, they didn't seem to think it wasn't a big deal. You freed their town." Chase stated and Natsu agreed to it.