Chapter 18: Mizuki and the Mysterious Guy

Lucy's pov

"Do you know why she did it?" I asked her, after hearing the unsettling news. "They were arguing about something, about this plan they had. They were going to send those things to destroy the village, so they can see just how she can prover herself to still be useful as Chief." Natsume looked me straight in the eye, the ice was melting away and pretty soon the entire globe of ice was gone. "Natsume, can you stand?" Jellal asked, "Yeah," Natsume was helped up by both Gray and Natsu. "Alright, let's go see the journal." Natsume walked forward and we followed. "I have a bad feeling about this." I was walking next to Natsu, holding Happy in my arms. "Lucy, do you think Mizuki wants to kill Natsume?" Happy asked, looking up at me. 

"I don't think so. I think she wants her to stay quiet about what she saw and heard. She doesn't want anyone to find out what she's been doing." I said, looking to Happy. "Natsume, what's wrong? Why'd you stop?" I looked forward, seeing Natsume standing there frozen. Her eyes were wide and she was slowly starting to shake.

"Natsume?" Mira placed her hand on her shoulder, but she didn't react. "This was where she killed him. I remember it, I was coming through the window to see what was really going on. I came in through the living room window, but hid in the closet because I heard the two." Natsume walked over to what was left of the closet. "They came up from those stairs, arguing about the beasts. She wanted to destroy the village, but he didn't want to. He said that he never wanted to hurt anyone, which made her angry. I've never seen someone so angry before. She yelled at him 'You shouldn't have joined this village or this plan, if you were going to chicken out the first chance you got!' He let out a sign, to say as if he wasn't sure of himself. 'I didn't know what your intentions were, but destroying the village is out of the question! You are a crazy lady!!' He yelled at her and walked off." She walked over to a part of the kitchen, "Then what happened?" Mira asked, "She hit him. She hit him with her cane." She choked out, sounding as if she was going to cry. 

"What happened after she hit him?" Laxus asked, "He tried to stop her--but-- she just kept hitting him. 'I'm going to tell the entire village what a traitor you are! You don't deserve to be chief, you should have retired years ago!' He yelled at her and that's when she lost it. She blasted him several times and didn't stop. That's all I can remember seeing, before the explosion."

Natsume looked over at all of us, "Guys, big problem." Satomi rushed in from outside, "What's wrong Satomi?" I turned to her, "There is a giant beast heading for the village. The chief is controlling it. She plans to destroy the entire village." My eyes widened, without a word Natsume ran past everyone. She took off out of the house, making us follow after her. "Natsume, wait up!" But she didn't listen and continued running, Natsu took off after his sister and we all ran after the two siblings. "Satomi, how close is the beast to the village?" Erza asked, looking at the others. "It's four miles away, but she getting there pretty quickly. Natsu and Natsume have just run into each other and are twelve miles away from the village, while we are closing in to the two pretty slowly." Satomi said, her comment made me confused. "How did you know that?" Gray asked, he was just asking confused as I was. 

"She uses archive magic like Hibiki does." Erza said, "This is bad. If we don't get there soon, I fear that the village will already be destroyed." Satomi said and we all ran faster.

I could see two pink heads in the distance, "We're closing in on Natsu and Natsume." I yelled, pushing my legs faster. I was right behind them and in the far distance, I could see a giant beast heading for the village.

"We have to go a different way than the beast to get closer to the village faster, before the beast gets there." Satomi said and I nodded, "Natsume! Natsu! We have to head a different way!" I yelled to them, "What way are we going?" Natsume asked, looking back at us. "This way follow me!" Satomi veered to the right and we all followed. "Alright, we should reach there in three..Two.....One!" We reached the village and kept running, spotting a large crowd standing near the guild hall. "What's going on here?" Erza asked, one of the villagers. "The beast is coming, but Chief Mizuki is with it. Why?" The villager asked, looking back at Erza. "Move out of the way!" Both Natsume and Natsu pushed forward, standing in the very front. We made our way to the front of the crowd, "Hey you!! Get out of the way!!! Let us through!!" Mizuki shouted, from on top of the beasts shoulder. 

"No! You have to stop! Why do you want to stay in charge so bad?" Natsu asked, "This can't be good." I stood next to Gray and Erza, "Why chief? Why have you come with one of those monsters?!" A villager cried, she was holding her small child. "Because you people have gotten on my last nerve. You should retire, is all I hear from you people. I'm going to prove just how much you people will need me! Now attack!" Mizuki yelled, pointing forward and Natsume made the first move.

Instead of waiting for Natsu to help her, Natsume decided to jump up into the air. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" She was about to hit the beast, but it caught her fist. "Omni fusion!" Natsume hit the ground and disappeared.

"I should have known you would try to stop me, Fairytail. But that won't happen." Mizuki cackled, making me shudder. "In your dreams, lady! Ice fire dragon roar!!!" Natsume had jumped high in the air and was high above Mizuki. She hit the beast, surprising everyone. "Holy crap, she hit it dead on!" Gajeel said, the beast smacked Natsume out of the air and she flew into a house. "Natsume!" I let go of Lucky, who I was holding onto. She flew over to Natsume, who had gotten up out of the wreck. "You wretched fairy's trying to ruin my plan. Now beast attack! Destroy the fairies and the town!!" She cackled and I heard a growl. That growl was something I've never heard before, I looked in the direction in came from. It came from Natsume, she was super pissed. Her hair stood up and she had dragon scales on her face. Suddenly she launched herself at the giant beast and tackled Mizuki, the two hit the snow a few inches away from away from the beast.

"Alright since Natsume is dealing with Mizuki, let us all deal with the beast and keep it from destroying the village!" Erza requipped and I pulled out my keys. "Open gate of the lion, Leo!" He popped out, "Hey, what's up beautiful lady?" He turned to me, "No time for flirting, we gotta beast to deal with!" I pointed and he nodded, "Don't worry Lucy, I got this." I nodded. Leo ran off, fighting the beast.

"You little wretch!!" We all turned out heads seeing Mizuki bruised and panting, I noticed she had a long scratch that ran across her face. "Did that scratch come from Natsume?" Laxus asked, "Seems like it." Mira said, "Fire dragon-" She was cut off when Mizuki kicked her. She blew a whistle and something started coming towards the village. "What was that?" I asked, as the ground shook underneath us.

"She called more beasts and they're headed here and towards the next village." Satomi said, leaving us all shocked.