chapter 17: Is Someone After Natsume?

3rd person's pov

As they rushed back to the village, Freed was beginning to worry about Natsume. "I think someone was there. I could feel as if someone was watching us, while we were there." Lucy said, with a small shudder. The thought that someone could possibly be watching her, made her very on edge. "It must have been the person, that shot whoever it was in the house with natsume before the explosion." Gray said, "Yeah, possibly. But the thing we need to figure out, is who Natsume saw. We have to know who it was and what it was, she saw before the explosion." Juvia said, "But how do we do that? She lost her memory in that explosion." Jellal argued, "That's true. Maybe when Wendy heals her, she will regain her memory." Gray said, looking at Natsume.

They finally reach the village and Erza slams on the brakes. Everyone yells out, as the car stops suddenly and Erza swings the door open. "Alright give her to me, I got her." Erza said, Natsu handed her carefully to Erza. "I'm going inside. I need you guys to go find the chief." Natsu nodded in response, and Jellal got off. Laxus also got off. He walked inside with her, which left Gray to drive the vehicle. "Alright, make a left here and then a right." Mizuho said, "Where are we going exactly?" Natsu asked, looking to Mizuho. "To see my grandmother and my mom. They might know what happened." Mizuho looked to Natsu, and they arrived at a smaller house. They all got out of the car, "Mom!" Mizuho shouted, as a young woman around the age of 30 came out of the small house. "Mizuho, are you alright? I heard about the explosion. Come inside with your friends." She urged, looking around so they all walked inside. 

"Mom, where's grandma?" She turned to her mother, who was closing the front door. "I have no idea. I haven't seen your grandmother since this morning." She shook her head, "That means your grandmother is somehow apart of the incident at her house." Lucy held her chin, "What are you saying Lucy?" Lucky looked up at her blonde friend, afraid of what she was suggesting. "I'm suggesting, that maybe she helped set this up. Maybe she wanted to fake her death or something, so she can get away with doing something she shouldn't be doing in the first place." Lucy looked up at Mizuho, "Call Satomi, she may know something." Her mother nodded, quickly leaving the room.

"Lucy, what's wrong?" Happy asked, noticing Lucy's demeanor. "I'm worried about Natsume. She lost her memory, I seriously think someone's after her." She said, "Me too. The fact that she was poisoned after we first got here, has to count for something." Gray said.

"Wendy, how is Natsume?" Erza asked, looking at her small friend. "She should be just fine. She'll wake up in about an hour. I think when I healed her some of her memories came back." Wendy sat down at a small table, that the rest of the group was sitting at. "I think someone's after Natsume." Jellal said, "Why do you sat that?" Lisanna sat down next to Laxus, who had stayed back with Erza and Jellal. 

"It seems like someone is out to get her. When we first got here she gets taken by one of those beasts the chief supposedly made and is poisoned, now she is laying in there severely injured." He suggested, he was angry that Natsume was being targeted.

"You have a point. But who would go after Natsume?" Laxus asked, quirking an eyebrow. "You're right." Satomi appeared behind them, "Satomi, what are you doing here?" Erza asked, scrunching her eyebrows. "I just found out about Natsume. I also just found out that, someone is indeed after Natsume." She panted heavily, leaning against the wall.

"Did you run?" Freed asked and she nodded, "Yeah," Erza patted the seat next to Wendy and she sat down.

"So who's after Natsume?" Jellal asked, looking over at Satomi. "It's the chief. She's been after Natsume, this entire time. Ever since you three went to the mountains to find answers about the beasts." Satomi brushed her blonde hair back, "How do you know for sure it's the chief?" Lisanna asked, shifting in her seat.