Chapter 14: The Chief's secret

Lucy's pov

We stayed in the room waiting for Natsume to wake up, after she had passed out, Chief Mizuki told the girls to give her the cure. She seemed to be breathing a lot better, but she still seemed to be sick. "How do you know about the poison and the cure?" Erza asked, as the Chief sat down in front of us. "About two months ago, my granddaughter and her friend were hiking near those mountains where the monsters lived. They traveled into the cave and were attacked by one of those things. It kidnapped my granddaughter Mizuho and when she tried to escape, it bit her left arm. Her friend was able to save her, the two escaped the cave and she brought Mizuho back to the village and a young man was able to cure her. He showed us how to make the cure, and we kept making it just in case it happened again." The chief explained, but I didn't trust what she was saying.

Her outer appearance may seem like she is a sweet old woman, but I don't think that's how she truly is. Erza told us earlier on our way back to the village, that Natsume said she had a feeling that Mizuki was hiding something and I'm beginning to think she's right. "Where is your granddaughter now?" I asked, "She should be home right now. Or maybe hanging at the guild hall in the next village." Mizuki said, "Let's go talk to her." Erza said, "What about Natsume?" Natsu asked, just as the chief walked out of the room.

"I don't trust that woman, she's hiding something just as Natsume said." Erza shook her head, "Do you think they made that beast chase you guys, so that Natsume wouldn't be so suspicious of them?" I asked, looking to Erza.

"It's possible." Gray said, "But what could they possibly be hiding, for them to hurt Natsume?" Juvia asked, quirking an eyebrow. "I think it has to do with those beasts." Laxus said, holding his chin. "This doesn't seem right. Those beasts are the key to everything. I think we should wait till natsume wakes up." Mira suggested, "Yeah, I agree with you sis." Lisanna agreed.

Not even a minute later, Natsume started moving around and groaning. "Natsume?" Natsu rushed to the bed, "Natsu, what happened? Why am I tied to the bed and where am I?" She looked around, seeing the others and the room she was in. "Remember that beast that chased you, Gray and Jellal... It took you, when we went back to the cave and then bit you. It poisoned you, you almost died. If we hadn't of found you, you could have died." Erza explained from her seat, Natsume sat up with Natsu's help. "We took you back to the village, hoping the Chief could help heal you since it didn't work with Wendy." Gray said, "So, what's going on?" She rubbed her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair. I found it funny, just how much she and Natsu looked so much alike but they have completely different personalities.

"So why am I tied to a bed, Natsu?" She seemed agitated, "Hey, don't blame me. I tied you up for a good reason." Natsu said and we all sweat-dropped, he wasn't supposed to say that.

"YOU TIED ME TO THE BED!" Natsume shouted angrily, making everyone jump in their seats.

"Yes, I tied you to the bed. But it was for a good reason." Natsu stated, with an awkward smile.

Natsu, you should really stop talking right now. "You let me out right now!!" Natsume yelled, irritated that her brother had done this. "I really don't think, I should." Natsu rubbed his head, "WHAT??!!!" Natsume shrieked, he is making things worse. "Natsu, just untie her will you?" Mira sighed, making Natsu groan.

"If you don't untie her, when she gets free she'll kill you." Laxus said, leaning against the wall. Natsu untied her, and once she was free. Natsume hit Natsu on the back of the head, making a loud smack sound. "Hey, what was that for?!" Natsu held his head with one hand, looking at her with one eye open. "For tying me up! You idiot!!!" This caused the two siblings to start arguing, making me sigh. 

"Jeez, they're worse than Gray and Natsu." I whined.

"That's enough you two!" Erza stopped them both, so we headed for the next village. 

"Where exactly are we going?" Natsume asked, but afterwards let out a scream which turned everyone's head to her.

"Natsume, what's wrong?" Erza asked, "Gray, where are all of your clothes?!!" She shouted, my eyes shifted to Gray and I stared in complete shock. Gray was fully naked, "GRAY PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!!" Erza shouted and I sighed. Once we got to the guild hall, Natsume stopped walking, which made me bump into her. "Natsume, why'd you stop?" I asked and followed her line of vision. "What's going on? Why have we stopped?" Erza asked, and I pointed to Natsume. "Who is she looking at?" Gajeel asked and I shrugged. "Natsume?" A blonde girl from a few feet in front of us  asked, looking straight at Natsume.

"Satomi?"

The two stared at each other for a moment, before bursting into tears. 

"Satomi!!!!" Natsume cried out, throwing her arms up. 

"Natsume!!" The other girl cried, we just stood there completely confused.

"Natsume, who's the chick?" Natsu walked up to his twin, "This is an old friend of mines. Everyone meet Satomi, by the way she's Chase's sister." Natsume introduced, "Well, it's nice to meet you Satomi. I'm Natsu, this is my buddy Happy, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Jellal, Laxus, Gajeel, Juvia, Mira, Carla, Freed, Lisanna and Wendy." Natsu introduced.

We all sat down at a nearby table, having warm drinks and making small talk with Satomi, who was a kind girl. "Natsume, what are you doing around here?" Satomi asked, sipping on her tea. "I was on a job. But I want to ask you something." Natsume said, "Go ahead," Satomi put down her tea cup, looking up at Natsume. "What is Chief Mizuki hiding?" Natsume asked, "Ahh... Chief Mizuki, she is the reason those beasts appeared." Satomi said, "What do you mean by that?" I asked, sitting forward.

"She made them." Satomi stated, which caught us all off guard. "But why?" Erza asked, just as confused as the rest of us.

"Because she wanted to keep the villagers afraid of her. She wants to stay as the village chief, although her daughter is supposed to be the village chief now. She wants the people to believe, that she can save them in their time of need. The thing is, she originally created those beasts because she wanted to take over this guild hall and our village." My eyes widened as I sat in shock, Natsume was right to be suspicious of Mizuki.