Chapter 22: Saying Goodbye

3rd person's pov

Erza was right, just as Natsu and Natsume were arguing with Gray and Gajeel the magic council army showed up. "We're taking Mizuki Yamashita into custody, for violating the laws of being a village master." Lahar said. Natsume had heard many things about Lahar, but never met him though. She did meet a guy named Doranbolt, after the whole incident with Kato back before she found Natsu. "Kono baka! (You idiot) Anata wa kono yōna bakadesu, Natsu! (You are such an idiot) Watashi wa sō anata ni itta! (I told you so!)" Natsume held Natsu in a headlock, shouting at him in Japanese. The argument started after Natsu made a suggestion, and Natsume didn't particularly like it.

"Natsu is an idiot and was being a pervy little genius." Natsume thought to herself.

"What is she even saying?" Gajeel asked, "You idiot! You are such an idiot Natsu. I told you so." Jellal translated, "Wow, you have no problems translating what she says." Lucy exclaimed, "Well, it's pretty easy." He shrugged, looking back at the two siblings who were currently wrestling with each other. "Itetetete!" Natsu said, as she held in the headlock. "Alright you two, that's enough." Erza said, "Kare wa seiteki tōsaku-sha sa rete imashita." She yelled at Erza, "He was being pervy." Jellal shrugged again, "Will you two stop fighting?!!!! This is no time to be fighting right now!!!" Erza yelled, making Natsume stop yelling in Japanese at Natsu. She let Natsu go and stood straight up, Natsume saw the one person she hadn't seen since she was about 14.

"Doranbolt!" Natsume squealed, and he turned to look at her. "Wait, is that really you?" She became excited, seeing an old friend. "Long time no see Natsume, how have you been? I see you found your brother." He smiled, walking over to her.

"Yeah, I did. You look so different, you cut your hair. I liked your long hair." She ruffled his short hair, "You know Doranbolt?" Erza asked, and Natsume turned to her. "Yep, Doranbolt was the one that helped me after Kato became evil. He's also the person that told me the tales of Fairytail's salamander. Him and Jellal are the people who led me to Fairytail and to Natsu. I'm thankful for that." She smiled, and went back to ruffling his hair. He started laughing, when she poked him. "Anata wa kusuguttaidesu yo. Wa ̄ i, Wa ̄ i." She smiled, still poking him. 

"She said you're ticklish. Yay. Yay." Jellal said and they smiled at her.

"Wow, she sounds even crazier in Japanese." She stopped poking Doranbolt, "I know, what's worse is that she's more crazier than we even thought." Gajeel whispered to Natsu, "I agree with you 100%, man." Her eyebrow twitched in annoyance and anger, as she clenched her fists together. "Natsume, are you alright?" Doranbolt asked, "I think we made her mad." Natsu said, "Yeah, but she ain't as scary as Erza. Erza's worse than her." She got angry and turned around. She bounded towards both of them, while they were talking to each other. Since they were distracted she was able to jump on Natsu, he yelled out and she started smacking him senseless. After knocking Natsu out she turned to Gajeel, who started running from her. She chased after him, "Oh lord, what he do now?" Satomi asked Jellal, "Apparently Gajeel and Natsu were talking about Natsume. They kept talking about her, I guess she heard it and got mad." Lucy explained, "Well that's his fault." Laxus said and Gray nodded in agreement.

"Watashi no sukāfu o watashi ni kaeshite, Gajeel!" Natsume yelled at him, "Is she speaking in Japanese?" Mizuho asked, "Yep, Jellal is our translator." Gray said, throwing his thumb back towards Jellal. "So what did she say?" Satomi brushed her blonde hair back, looking over the bluenette. 

"Give me back my scarf Gajeel." Jellal said, as they all watched the two run in circles.

"Sore o motte, sono gajīru o toru." Natsume tackled Gajeel to the ground, somehow burying half his body in the snow to the get the scarf.

"It looks like she got her scarf back." Gray said, "Yeah, but she buried Gajeel under all the snow during their wrestling for the scarf." Lucy and the others sweat-dropped, as Natsume came walking back over to them. "Well, it looks like I have to go. See ya around okay, Natsume. Take care of yourself, you hear?" Doranbolt ruffled her pink hair, "Sure, you take care too. See ya around." He left with Lahar and Mizuki.

"If it weren't for you meddling fairies, I would have gotten away with it." Mizuki grabbed the bars of the cell door, smirking at Natsume as they drove away.

"Well that was weird." Gray nodded, "Yeah, it sure was." Natsume agreed, watching as the car headed further and further away. "Well thanks for everything you did for us. Especially you, Natsume. You were such a big help. I can't thank you enough, I mean you put your life on the line so many times to save this town and it's villagers. Thank you so much." Mizuho hugged Natsume, who wasn't expecting it. "It's alright, I owe it to everyone else for helping me out with it. I couldn't have done this mission by myself, without the others here helping me." She smiled at her group of friends and they smiled back. "I guess this is goodbye, bestie." Satomi sighed at Natsume's words, "Yah, I guess so." The two girls hugged each other, not ready to leave each other. "Wait a minute, I have an idea." The two turned to Erza and Natsu, "Why don't you join Fairytail?" Natsu asked, "You really mean that?" Natsume asked, "Yeah, she's a good person and a good mage, so why don't you come back with us and be apart of Fairytail?" Natsu smiled, "Yeah, sure. I mean why not?" Satomi said and she smiled at Natsume. Natsume smiled back at her and then the two hugged Natsu, who didn't expect it.

"Thanks so much Natsu! You're the best big brother ever!" Natsume smiled, making Natsu's eyes widen. "There's no need to thank me, Natsume. I'll do whatever I can, to keep you happy." He hugged the two and then they all set out back to magnolia.