Halloween Special #2 (Salamander's Sister): A Truly Great Halloween!

Natsume's pov

I was so excited for October to roll around, all I could think about was spooky season but I knew that I was going to have to keep a close eye on Natsu. He always wants to take jobs over the holidays, like Halloween and Christmas. But he promised me last year that we wouldn't be going on a mission for this upcoming Halloween and I'm going to hold him to his word, Natsu usually doesn't go back on his word anyway. I wondered what everyone would be doing for Halloween, knowing that the guild was gonna be extremely wild. I rolled over in bed, feeling well rested but was surprised to find that my bed was empty. Gray had slept over last night, we had been up all night watching funny Halloween movies which were meant for kids. I heard a knock on the door but didn't bother getting up to answer the door, I was just too comfortable snuggling with Gray to get up. Besides, he is really warm for an ice mage and he's sleeping in his underwear. "I'll get it." I heard Gray speak, "No. Stay here, you're a great pillow." I whined, making him chuckle as I snuggled closer to him. The knock on the door became even more erratic and loud, making me groan in annoyance. I lifted my head to look at my alarm clock, sighing as it only was eight in the morning. I groaned, looking over at the door, I didn't want get up and open it. Whoever was outside needed to come back at a later time, where I am actually awake.

"I'll get that. You two keep cuddling." Lucky waved her paw, I placed my head back on Gray's chest as I heard Lucky unlock the door.

"Who is it?"

"I have been knocking forever!! Natsume, wake up right now!! I have some exciting news to tell you. Now, get up-" The covers were pulled away from Gray and I, causing me to lift my head and open my eyes as the voice registered in my head. My eyes widened as I saw Natsu standing in front of my bed, the look on his face said it all. His eyes went to me, causing me to curl up slightly since all I had on was one of Gray's oversized hoodies and a really tiny pair of shorts. His eyes shifted from me to Gray, who was half-naked, sleeping peacefully in his boxers with no shirt on. "Natsu, I can explain.." I started, which seemed to wake up Gray. Natsu stayed silent for a moment and I knew he was going to blow up soon, it was only a matter of time before he blew a fuse. Gray looked at me sleepily, before shifting his eyes to the person who was standing in front of my bed. His eyes widened when he registered that it was Natsu, who woke us up by taking the covers off. "Natsu, I-" Gray started, "What the hell are you doing in my sister's bed, half naked?!! Huh, ice princess. What are you doing in her bed?!!" Natsu nearly lunged for Gray, who only shook his head and sat up. "Natsu, what did you expect me to do? I slept over because we were watching movies. And what does it matter anyway, Natsume is my girlfriend. She's old enough to have me sleeping over without asking you for permission." Gray said, Natsu nearly exploded and I sighed, shaking my head as the two proceeded to argue. I groaned, throwing myself back onto the bed and rubbed my face as they argued. Lucky just sat beside me, watching them go back and forth.

"Okay!!" I interrupted them, "Natsu, what are you doing here? Why were you knocking at my door so early in the morning?" Natsu looked at me, thinking for a moment. "Well, we got invited by some clients to check out their village. Apparently, it's a mandatory law to celebrate Halloween every year and this time around, they have a huge festival going on. We were invited so I came to come pick you up." I sat up straighter, "Wait, really?!! No missions?! We get to go to a village that has Halloween!!" I scooted on the bed, closer to Natsu. He smiled brightly, nodding his head. "Yes, we really do."

"Ahhhhh!! Natsu, this is the best thing you've ever said to me!!" I jumped onto him, wrapping him in a hug while he laughed and spun me around. "What time are we supposed to be leaving for this Halloween place?" Gray asked, as Natsu placed me down on my feet.

"Now.."

"Natsu!"

"Okay, you guys have four minutes to grab what you need before we leave." He said, I punched his arm harshly making him slightly wince at how much force I put behind that punch. Gray and I both showered, got dressed and packed a bag for what we might need on our trip. After getting ready, we headed out the door with Natsu leading the way to train station. "Natsu," Lucky started, flying beside him. "Yeah, what's up?" He turned his head to Lucky, "Do you think this village we're going too really has Halloween as a mandatory holiday?" She asked.

"Yes, I think so. Well, at least that's what Erza said was on the invite."

The five of us finally arrived at the train station, where we met up with the others. Lucy, Happy, Erza, Levy, Gajeel, Jellal and Laxus were all standing together, I was shocked to see that Jellal was coming as I hadn't seen him a while. "Oh, there they are." Laxus pointed out, looking over at us as we walked toward the group. "Well, it's about time, you showed up. If you weren't back in the next two minutes, we would have left you behind." Gajeel stated. "Jellal, what are you doing here?" I asked, "Erza invited me to come along." He smiled, "We better get going, the train will be leaving soon." Erza said, looking at the clock before turning back to us. With that, all of us got onto the train and I honestly couldn't contain my excitement about going to this village. But something told me that things were going to get a little spooky once we got there, and if I was right, we might even have to handle it together as a team.