Chapter 39: Levi Matsunaga

Natsume's pov

"Since you screwed up again, your brother is on the pole up that way. He's being punished for what you did." He said, "He punished him?" Mika asked, she then shoved herself away from the others and ran off. "Mika!! Mika! Come back!!" We followed after her, Mika stopped in front of us as we pushed through the crowd. "Mika, what's going on?" I saw a young man laying in the middle of the crowd, bleeding badly. "The next time somebody leaves this village, it would a much worse punishment than this." A group of people left and the crowd dispersed quickly. Mika rushed forward, trying to pick up the injured boy. "That must be her brother." I turned to Lucy, who seemed to be thinking the same thing. "Levi must have been behind this." Gray said, "Yeah, it seems like it." Levy said, "Mika, is this your brother?" She nodded and Natsu helped him up. "Come on, let's get you home." She all followed after Mika, and Natsu.

In little to no time, we found ourselves in front a small house. We walked in and she instructed Natsu to place him on the couch. "Mika, Wendy can help him if you want. She's really handy at healing people." Erza gestured towards the small bluenette, who stood next to me. "No, I don't want to trouble you with my problems." I shook my head, "Listen, we came here to help you and your village. We can help you so let us." I said to her and she started to protest more.

"Please, just listen to Natsume. We can help you. I have no problem in helping you." Wendy said to her, "Alright." Wendy walked over to the couch, and began healing him. "Thank you." Mika smiled at her, her eyes shined bright as she stared at the young mage with appreciation. "Its no problem. Natsume come over here. I wanna take a look at that wound." I walked over to her, and she healed me. "There you go. All healed." She said with a smile, "Thanks Wendy." I smiled at her, this girl was an amazing mage. "What- what's going on?" The boy next to me groaned, "Mika? Who are these people?" He sat up quickly, looking around at all of us.

"Kohaku!!!!" Mika rushed forward, tackling her brother. "Mika? What's with you?" He chuckled, wrapping his arms around her frame. "You were hurt, because of me. I'm so sorry. I couldn't stand the fact that Levi was doing this, I needed help. So I brought Fairytail back with me. They've already promised to help me." She pointed out, "Hi Fairytail. Thanks for deciding to help our village." He smiled up at us but when his eyes landed on me, he blushed. "It was no problem." I smiled at him, "What exactly happened for Levi to attack your village?" Erza asked, sitting down on the couch next to Natsu. "Well, it all started when he first got here." Mika trails off, as a flashback occurs.

~~

"Bastards. Ahhhh. This small village seems like the perfect place to stay low for a while." Levi muttered to himself, as he walks past a window that led to a small shop of sweets. "I gotta change my hair color. They won't be able to tell who I am, since they won't recognize me. This scar won't give me away." Levi thought to himself as he ran his fingers over the scar, that ran right over his left eye. "Oh my god!!! You're----!" Levi punched the dude in the face. "Oh crap, that's Levi Matsunaga!" Levi swung around seeing a young guy with glasses yell out, causing people to look at them. "You wanna rethink pointing me out kid?" Levi picked up the kid, by the collar of his shirt. "There's nothing to see here!" Levi called out, and the people looked away. "Now you're coming with me, since you thought it was a good idea in calling me out in a new town." Levi walked off, with the boy still on his grasp. "Wait so if you are really Levi Matsunaga, what are you doing in a small town like this?" He asked, "Well, I just came from up north. I had a confrontation with a dark guild that lives near by. They tried to turn me in, but I turned the tables on them." Levi said as he kicked a door open. He set the boy down on a chair, and walked to the door and closed it. "What was the guilds name?" The boy asked, "Cry Bomanta." Levi smirked, leaning on the wall. "But that's the guild that has been tormenting this town. That guild is gonna come back and take revenge on this town, if they find out you are staying here." The guy explained, "What's your name kid?" Levi asked, "My name is Tsuyoshi Katawara." Tsuyoshi extended his hand, "Well Tsuyoshi, do you know about Kato Yataro?" Tsuyoshi nodded, "Well kid, he's who I'm working with. He betrayed a close friend of his and is trying to use her as a sacrifice to bring back Zeref." Levi said, he didn't know that this girl was the key to something big. "Well, are you okay with that?" Tsuyoshi asked, looking up at him. "Not really. I hate being betrayed, and I have before. It hurt, because that person was close to me. He shouldn't have done that, but on the bright side. If we can manage to find the book of nemesis, we can finally figure out a way to resurrect Zeref with all this damn bloodshed. Anyways kid, you're gonna be my apprentice. You're a lucky kid, I don't usually take on pupils. But I'll make an exception. For the time being we will, lay low here and I will take over the small town." He took the stick out of his mouth and Tsuyoshi looked up at him. He saw the scar over Levi's left eye, "Hey Levi, how did you get that scar?" He asked, "I got it from a fight I had with that close person. Back about two years ago. Alright kid, let's get some rest. I have a big plan tomorrow." They turned in for the night and the next morning, they set out early. They ended up in a small diner, Levi was wearing a hoodie to cover his hair. "What would you boys like to order?" The waitress asked, "A-" Levi never finished his sentence because the dark guild Cry Bomanta broke into the diner. "We heard you people are hiding somebody here. And I'm guessing it's Levi Matsunaga. Well since he decided to come attack our guild, we'll just have to attack this town to get his attention." A guild member said, "Get em' boys!!!" He shouted and chaos erupted. Levi watched as the people of the town, scrambled to defend themselves so he decided to step in. But in doing so, he did three major things that changed the entire town forever. One event that happened was that he destroyed the entire guild of Cry Bomanta. The second thing he did, was after he destroyed the dark guild people came up to him and thanked him. They asked if he wanted something in return, and he decided to take over the entire town. The third thing he did, was prevent any outside contact.

~~

"So he did all of that?" Natsume asked, in shock just as the others were. "Yeah. And that's what began the tyranny of Levi Matsunaga." Mika explained, "Don't worry, we will stop him. We will get this town back it's freedom." I said to her, "Thanks Natsume!!!" She caught me off guard, by hugging me. Along with her brother, Kohaku. He had short spit black hair and green eyes, but the two siblings looked nothing alike. We are so gonna beat some sense into the jerk. Levi Matsunaga, be ready cause Fairytail's coming to get ya!