Chapter 36: Finally back in Magnolia

Natsume's pov

After dinner, we all went to see a movie and we were just now going back to the hotel. "So Natsume, what's on your mind?" Gray stood beside me, although we kissed and everything I knew that I could tell him everything that was on my mind. "I'm just anxious to get back to Magnolia. I'm ready to see little Asuka again. But I'm afraid that Kato will pop up again, I have to get stronger if I wish to beat him. Gray, what if he comes back? What if he tries to hurt you and everyone else? What do I do?" He grabbed my hands and we stopped walking. "Look at me, I will be here. If he shows up again, you can guarantee that I'll be there fighting beside you. You don't need to worry because we'll all be there. I'll be here for you, no matter what happens." I looked in his eyes and saw the care and compassion.

Flashback

I was sitting in the guild hall, it was about three days after I first joined. I was sitting alone at the bar, thinking to myself about Kato and Chase. I wanted to find a way to get Kato back on the good side and stop Chase from trying to kill me. "Hey, you're Natsume right? Natsu's twin sister?" I turned around in my seat, seeing Gray standing there. "Yeah and you're Gray Fullbuster. My brother warned me about you." I smiled at him, "Well what did that flamebrain say about me?" I looked down and saw his shirt and pants missing. I blushed a deep red color, "Hey what's wrong? Do you have a fever?" He asked, feeling my forehead. "Nice skivvies, Gray!" Mira giggled, from behind the counter. "Oh crap! Where are my clothes?" Gray yelled and I started laughing. "See, I made you laugh. Don't look so sad. I know I haven't known you long, but you are such a nice person. If you ever need any help with anything, just come to me. I'll always be here to help you. No matter what happens, I'll always be here for you." Gray sat down next to me, "Thanks Gray, I trust you enough." I giggled at his face, "What's so funny? And why'd you say that?" Gray said, "Well I had two people in my past betray my trust. But you and the other Fairytail members are different. I feel like I can tell you anything, and I like that." I gave him my signature smile, "Your smile reminds me of Natsu's." Lisanna said, "Really?" I looked at her, she had short white hair and big blue eyes like her older sister Mirajane. Everyone calls Mirajane, Mira for short. "Natsu has an incredible smile, that smile you have is just like his. Always making those around him smile and have faith during hard times. It's amazing how truly identical you two are. Your smile will make people smile and have faith in hard times, I just know it." Erza had her eyes closed, as she set her cup of tea down on the counter.

End of flashback......

My eyes widened a little, as I saw the care and compassion in his eyes. He truly cared for me, I just know he'll never turn his back on me. "Gray- thank you. Thank you so much for being here for me." I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pulled him closer to me. "It's no problem at all, Natsume. I'll be here for you no matter what happens." I breathed in his scent, which instantly made me calm down. "I'm glad that I found my brother and joined Fairytail. I like having friends like them. These people are an amazing group of people." I thought, as I buried my face more into his neck. "Thank you for trusting me, Natsume." He said and I smiled at him. "Thanks for letting me able to trust you, Gray." I pulled away from him, "Let's get going, Shall we? Hey guys wait for us!!!" I grabbed Gray's arm, dragging him with me. "Come on slow poke or we'll leave you two behind!" Natsu yelled as he turned to us, "We're coming!! I pulled him forward and rushed towards the others.

"So what we're you two talking about?" Lucy asked, "I'm anxious to get back home. I thanked him for being here for me." I flashed my signature smile at Lucy, "You know, your smile is something special. You could make anyone smile with flashing a smile like that during hard times." Lucy said and I looked at her with a look of realization. Lucy said the exact same thing Erza said that day. We finally got back to the hotel, "Night you guys." I waved, "Goodnight, sleep well you four." Erza said and I went into the room having Gray, Lucky and Juvia follow after me.

I walked into the bathroom and took a bath. "Hey to you mind, if I join you?" I looked over at Juvia, "Sure, why not?" I nodded at the spot in front of me and she stepped into the warm bath. "This water feels kinda cold." She sat down, "Want me to warm it up?" I lit my hand on fire with a smirk and stuck it in the water, making Juvia yelp. "Too hot!! Stop that!!" I started laughing at her reaction and my fire went out. "Hey stop laughing at me! It's not funny!" I laughed harder and she then started giggling at my laughing. After we both calmed down, I started thinking. "Hey Natsume?" I looked up at Juvia, "What's wrong, Juvia?" I looked at her with concern, "What made you fall for Gray?" She asked, making me blush and look away quickly. "It was about three days after we met and that I joined Fairytail. I was sitting at the bar, thinking about Kato and Chase. He noticed something was wrong and came to talk to me. When he freaked out about his clothes missing, I started giggling at him. He then told me, that he'll always be there for me." I smiled down at the water, remembering the incident.

"I guess I fell in love with his personality. Although he is a good looking guy, it's his personality that I fell in love with." I added, "Me too. I fell in love with him the same way." Juvia said.

We then smiled at each other, "What do you say we become friends?" I said and she agreed. After the bath we went to sleep, but I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning in bed, "Hey Natsume, I'm here okay." I heard Gray whisper and climb into the bed. I turned towards him and cuddled with him, but I was half asleep. The next morning when I woke up I saw Gray sleeping next to me, making me scream which woke everyone up. "Natsume? What's floor?!" Juvia yelled. I was sleeping in my bra and underwear and had fallen on the floor. Gray was wearing nothing but underwear, and was still in the bed. "Natsume, what happened?" Laxus asked and I blushed deep red. "Get out of here!!!" Juvia threw pillows at them and they quickly closed the door. I got dressed and we headed to the train station, "Hey sorry about this morning. Can you forgive us?" Freed bowed his head, "Hey I forgive you! Just get up! Don't do that!!" I blushed and heard Natsu cracking up, as we went to our train car. "Shut up, Natsu!" I smacked him on the back of the head and sat down, I fell asleep an hour into the trip.

"Hey Natsume, wake up. Wake up." I was shaken lightly, but I waved them away and the person shook me harder. I growled and bit the person's hand, out of annoyance. "Oww let go, Natsume!" I heard Natsu yell and I opened my eyes. "What do you want Natsu?" I said, "We're in Magnolia." He said and I jumped up. I pounced on him, but he kept us steady. "We're home, Natsu!!" I yelled and took off from the train and the station. I reached the city in no time at all, "Hey Natsume!!" A villager yelled, "Hey, they're back!!" Another one said and I smiled. I reached the guild hall and busted through the door, "Natsume?" Elfman was the first person I saw, I launched myself at him. "Hey Elfman!!" I yelled and he hugged me back, before setting me down gently. "Hey, so you guys are back?" I pounced on Alzack, who started laughing as soon as I did. "Hey, there you are. I'm glad you guys made it back." He smiled and put me down on my feet, "Where are the others?" I saw Bisca behind him, "I left them all back at the station. They'll be here soon." I smiled, "Natsume!!" I held my arms out and Asuka jumped into my arms. "Hi Asuka! I missed you so much!!" I hugged her tightly, and my smile grew bigger. "Hey there you guys are, we were getting worried about you guys." Bisca said, pulling away from me. "I'm sorry we made you worry. Natsume took off as soon, as Natsu woke her up. I can see why she rushed all the way back here, though. By the way we have four new members that are gonna join us." Erza said and introduced Satomi, Keiko, Satoru and Kosuke to the entire guild and got them settled in.

"Hey Gramps!" I turned around and literally tackled Master Makarov in a hug, I had been so grateful that he had taken care of my brother for all these years. "I missed you so much, Gramps. I'm so glad to see you are doing well!!" I yelled bursting into anime tears, he struggled to get me to let go before I finally put him down. "Besides, I hear we have four new members. Nice to meet you, I'm the master of this guild. We also acquired a new member of the guild. You can come out now!" He turned his head slightly, as a figure stepped out of the dark shadows. My eyes widened, when I saw the long blue hair and I started shaking.

"No, not him." I thought to myself, as he stood right beside Gramps.