Chapter 23: A New Mission With A New Recruit

Natsume's pov

We had to take the train home, Natsu hung out of the window of the train. "So why is he hanging out the window?" Satomi asked, "He has motion sickness. It's embarrassing because he'll be energetic about a new mission, but once we get on a moving vehicle he'll get sick." I sweat-dropped, with perplexed look on my face. "Well, your brother sure is weird." Satomi said, "Yah, well yours is too." I said and suddenly I got chills up my spine and I leaned more into Laxus, who happened to be sitting next to me. "What's wrong Natsume?" Lucy asked, "Oh did you hear, there are ghosts in this area? There might be ghosts on this train." I heard from some people who were passing our seats. I turned stark white, opening the window wider than it already was. "Hey Natsume, what are you doing?" Erza asked, I turned around quickly with a nervous look on my face. "Uhhh nothing... Just making sure Natsu and Gajeel had enough air." I laughed nervously, quickly sitting back down. "Natsume...." I heard a whisper in my ear, but I knew that nobody was doing that. Once I realized it, I jumped up in the air screaming loudly and dove for the window. 

"Natsume, what's wrong? Wait!!! Don't go out the window!" Laxus yelled, as both Jellal and Freed grabbed me by the waist.

"Let me out! There's a damn ghost on this train. I hate ghosts! Don't make me stay!" I yelled, wiggling around. "Calm down, there is no ghost on the train Natsume." Erza reassured, "You don't know that!!! How would you know that?!!" I wiggled some more, while Laxus took this chance and blocked the window. "Come on, let me go!! There's a stupid ghost on this train and I'm not staying on this stupid train. Now let me go!!" I yelled, "You aren't gonna get off this train by jumping out of it. It's still moving, now stop freaking out! Calm down!!" Lucy yelled, trying to calm me. "Come on Natsume, stop wiggling around. You aren't gonna go out of the window of a moving train." Jellal yelled, they were able to keep me from jumping out the window. They tied me to the seat, so I wouldn't try anything.

"You didn't have to tie her to the train seat, you know." Lucy sweat-dropped, with a funny look on her face. "Let me go!!! This isn't fair!! If there's a ghost on this stupid train I swear to you, I will kill you all!!! Let me out!!" I struggled, "No, now stop struggling. You're not getting off this stupid train." Laxus demanded, making me cry which took everyone by surprise. "Hey stop crying!! Please don't cry." Gray shook his hands, "I'm sorry, just please stop crying. I'll untie you." I stopped crying, giving Jellal a puppy dog look. He blushed at my actions, but kept his composure. "You really mean that?" I sniffled, "Yeah, I'll untie you.. Just please stop crying." Jellal sighed and I stopped sniffling. He untied me and I smiled at him, before rushing to the window but Natsu fell on top of me. "Get off me Natsu!! Ewww, don't throw up on me. Someone get him off." I whined, trying to push my brother's limp body off. "You promise not to try and jump out of the window, if we lift him off of you?" Erza asked, standing over the two of us. "I promise. Just get him off." I whined and they lifted him off of me. A few hours later, I fell asleep on Laxus's shoulder and the trained stopped.

I was shaken awake, "What's going on?" I rubbed my eyes, as Laxus came into view. "What's wrong Laxus? Why'd you wake me up?" I sat up, "Someone is on the train, and they're taking people. We need to find out who it is." I sat up all the way and looked around, seeing that there were less people in our train car. "Where's Satomi?" I looked back at Laxus, who had a dark look on his face. "She's been taken." I shot up, noticing that the train wasn't moving. "Laxus, you're joking right?" I asked him, "No, he's not joking. Satomi was taken along with Lucky. We have no idea why they were taken. Some other passengers were taken, but we have no idea where they were taken to." Erza walked to us from the aisle. "Erza, when did all of this happen?" I asked her, "It happened while you were sleeping." Gajeel said, "Where's Natsu?" I finally noticed that my pink haired idiot of a brother wasn't here. "He went to the conductor with Lucy to find out what's going on." Juvia stepped forward and I looked put the window. I saw a large R.V. coming towards the train, from the side.

"Uhh guys, we have big problem." I called to the group, as my hair blew in the wind. "What do you mean Natsume?" Gajeel stood next to me, "There's a large R.V. coming towards the train." I said, looking back at them. "Alright Juvia, Gajeel get everyone into a safe train car. Laxus head to the front of the train to warn Natsu and Lucy. Freed gather everyone from the front cars and bring them to the middle. Lisanna gather all of the children into the same train car as the adults, I want you to both guard that train car. Juvia, Gray, and Natsume go to the back of the train and try to hold them off from getting on the train. I'll be in the car before the last one with Mira and hold them off, if they get past you three. Happy, can you do me a favor? Can you scout out how many men are here this time?" Happy nodded, as Erza instructed us.

"Alright, let's get going." I nodded, grabbing Juvia and Gray's hand. "How long was I asleep?" I looked at Juvia, "About three hours. This happened an hour before Laxus woke you up." She explained, "Do you think they have a reason for taking these people?" Gray asked, "I believe that when Satomi purchased our train tickets, she said we would be traveling with kids and idiots from higher ranking classes in the social community." Juvia said as we ran past people, who were beginning to panic because of the people going missing. We ran past Lisanna, who was trying to keep everyone calm. 

"Who took these people? Why did they take them?" I thought to myself.