Chapter 69: Stop Levi at all cost!!!

Natsume's pov

"Are you feeling okay?" Gray put a hand on my shoulder, as we were heading back into town to find Levi. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I shook my head and looked forward, but my attention was turned to the four boys. When Yuu suddenly started yelling at Shiro and in response, Seth smacked Yuu over the back of the head and I tried to hold in my laughter, it was funny to see that he was just like Natsu and I. "So do you think we can find Levi in time to stop him?" Meredy looked to me and I nodded, "Definitely. I know his smell and the smell of his magic by now. He is still in town and he's not leaving any time soon." I looked to Erza and she nodded and we walked faster. It was quiet for a while, so I looked back behind me to see that Mira was carrying Asuna and Lucky was in Lisanna's arms sleeping as well. "Natsume is something wrong?" My eyes traveled over to Jellal and I shook my head letting him know that I was fine but to stay quiet since Asuna and Lucky had fallen asleep, "I hope we can find Levi before something bad happens. We have to tell him that Zeref is alive and well but we need to get him into Magic Council custody." I kept my eyes in front of me and kept in my thoughts until Yuu said something. "If we stop Levi and get him into the magic council's custody would they leave us alone?" My eyes immediately shifted to Natsu and Gray as they looked back at me, "Well, that depends on if you don't do anything." Erza had her eyes forward, but you could tell that she was gonna answer you no matter what.

"What do you mean?" Hitoshi sighed loudly at Yuu's question, and patted him on the head. "It means if you don't cause trouble, then the magic council might let you off with a warning. I'm pretty sure they won't do anything since you helped take Levi back into their custody." Laxus explained to them, as he walked ahead of us.

"Hopefully you don't anything where they make us have to come after you guys. I really don't want to have fight you guys after we just became acquaintances." I suddenly got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, as we neared the edge of the town and my nose picked up a weird scent. 

I smelled smoke but my nose couldn't pin point where it was coming from, I quickly scanned the area and then my eyes shifted over the buildings and saw the smoke coming from a building. "The smoke is coming from behind that building. But what's behind that building? It can't be.. The.. Wait, isn't that where the mayor's office is?" My eyes widened, as I realized something important. "Oh no, it can't be there." Lucy and I said at the same time and we both looked at each other. "Lucy, come on!! Erza please go find Mika!!!" I grabbed Lucy's hand, as we both took off in that direction. "Lucy, go left and see if you can find out what's going on from that area. I know there are guards still here to protect the mayor and the prince. This left here will take you to the mayor's house first." She turned her head to me, as her blonde hair whipped in the wind. "Where will you go?" Her eyes were filled with concern and I gave her a small smile, "I will go straight through the front. Don't worry about me! Go!" She hesitantly nodded and ran off towards the left of the street, turning a corner and disappeared with her blonde hair that bounced with her in the wind. I headed down the street taking a right and remembered how backed up the streets became when we were trying to evacuate everybody. I jumped onto a cart and climbed up on top of the roof of a nearby house which gave me a clear view of the area around me, my eyes roamed over the buildings until there a loud explosion sounded near the building to the far left corner of the street. I heard yelling, when my nose caught onto a familiar scent so I took off in that direction. I jumped from roof to roof and finally saw what was going on but I was surprised to see what was going on, Chase was fighting that same soldier I fought earlier. He was the same guy who charged at me after I broke out of the cell with Asuna, I looked for an opening to jump down and attack the general guy. Finally finding the perfect moment, I jumped off the roof and landed in between Chase and the general. "Natsume, what are you doing here?" Chase looked at me wide eyed, as I turned and gave him a smile. "I came to see what was happening since I saw smoke coming from the mayor's office. So Lucy went towards his house to check out what's going on while I found you here. So I decided to help you fight this guy but first can you explain what's going on? And why is the mayor's office burning?" Chase sighed as I fully swung around to look at him, "Well, Levi managed to break through security there which isn't good. He sent all his minions out to start fighting with us and I got separated from everyone else. Levi, he's in the mayor's office." My eyes widened at the news, "What?!! I gotta go!!" I took off towards the Mayor's office which in turn had Chase run after me but I didn't care. I pulled out a communication lacrima and called Erza and the others, but I called Lucy first and told her so she ran to meet up with me and I found her.

"Natsume? Lucy? What's wrong? Where are you?" Juvia asked, as I kept running. "Everyone needs to hurry to the Mayor's office." I blurted out turning a corner, Lucy was behind me while I had noticed that Chase had fallen back because the general was following after us. "Why?" Natsu asked, putting his face in front of the lacrima which made Gray shove him away from it. "Levi is in the Mayor's office!! Get over here quickly, Lucy and I are headed there now!!"