Chapter 59: Being apart of Cedar Clove Town

Natsume's pov

"Everyone get ready!!!" I yelled, as i shrouded my body in ice and fire. "Do you want to die?!!" Toshiyuki yelled, "No, that's not we're going for." Lucy yelled, shaking her head. "We can't back down. This could kill everyone here and the in the town. We're not letting that happen at all." Erza stated, "But taking that thing head on isn't such a good idea, it will kill all of you." Toshiyuki protested. "I heard you the first time, and frankly I don't care. All I care about right now, is saving the people of this town!!!" I opened both eyes and the ball of black energy came straight for us. In the moment, everything slowed down and I let out my largest roar. With everyone's magic, it collided with the black energy ball and the two dissipated. "Damnit, this is way harder than I thought." The explosion it created blew everyone back, the smoke dissipated as I stood up. But Levi was nowhere to be found, meaning he ran off. "Where did he go? He couldn't have just disappeared into thin air like that." Lucy said, as I clenched my fists.

"I know where he's headed." Natsu turned to look at me, "What do you mean by that? Where is he going?" Erza asked, "To the town square. That's where the book is gonna be if he kills all the townspeople." I took off without another word, "Wait, Natsume!! Come back here!!" I didn't listen and continued running away.

I slid down the street, I knew where I had to go. But what I couldn't figure out was what a guard said earlier when Asuna and I were running from them, they said Levi was looking for a dragon slayer. But why? What is he trying to do? I kept running and got a bright idea, the only person who knows Levi better than both Toshiyuki and Tsuyoshi is Asuna. I made a left but noticed that the streets were packed with civilians, which made worry. I spotted Chase rushing in another direction. "Hey!!" I yelled, he turned his head to me.

"What are you doing here, Natsume? I thought you were fighting Levi, what happened?" He ran up to me, "He fled. I'm looking for him, but there's someone else that knows where Levi should be. Can you help me find her?" He scratched the back of his head, "Yeah, alright. Who are you looking for?" He looked down at me, "Remember the little girl, I was with earlier. She's Levi's little sister." His eyes widened, "I'm not done yet. She might know where Levi ran off too, please let me know if you find her. I'm gonna check the houses!" Before he could say anything, I took off. Wow. I really need to stop doing that. It's so rude. I looked at the houses that I rushed past, until I saw one in particular. The door was unhinged and cast aside, one window was broken while all the others were completely fine. I snuck towards the house and put my back against the wall in the back, as I heard shouting coming from inside.

"Come with me, I'm not playing with you. If Fairytail gets a hold of you, there's no telling what will happen." I recognized Levi's voice, "Leave me alone, I don't want to go with you." My eyes widened, when i heard Asuna say this. "What's going on with Levi? Is he leaving?" I poked my head around the side, seeing the place trashed but Asuna was unharmed. "Asuna! This no time to be arguing with me! You and that damn dragon slayer are needed for this!" He yelled at her, making her back away in fright. "He's planning to use Asuna and I for the book. He's gonna kill her." I growled, clenching my fists tightly and kicked down the back door without thinking. Levi and Asuna's heads snapped to the side to look at me, "Natsume!!!!" Asuna exclaimed cheerfully, "What the hell are you doing here?" Levi looked angry, but I was unbelievably pissed. My anger was aimed at Levi  for picking Asuna to use for this.

"It's so stupid to think, I wouldn't come after you Levi. You're trying to kill an entire town of none magic and magic users, just because you want revive Zeref. You need to step away from Asuna right now." Fire and Ice shrouded my body as I took a step forward, the floor underneath me began to freeze. "You can't tell me to stay away, from my own little sister. You would be pissed, if I did that to you." Levi had this smug look on his face, which made me want to punch him for it. "I'm not the one who is trying to use their sibling as a sacrifice. I know you wanted a dragon slayer, but what do you need one for?" I stopped walking, "I need one to complete the revival. The powers of a dragon slayer, dragon itself or a dragon protector will help activate the town square." Levi explained, "Activate it for what? You want a damn book that will revive zeref and most likely end the damn world." I clenched my fists, "It's the onl-" I cut him off, "I know. It's the only way to right your wrongs. But you should realize that you shouldn't tamper with the past. I honestly hope you realize what your doing is wrong. You want to kill an entire town and not only that.... But you want to use me and your own sister to do it!! It's not right that you lock her up and expect her not to be attached to the people she meets. The ones you lock up with her! You want to use your little sister, who is only six! To help kill a town of people, who are innocent!! I'm not gonna let that happen, at all! Why are you using Asuna? What purpose does she serve to you in this mess?! She doesn't deserve it!!" My anger flared, with each passing minute.

"I have to use her! There are people after her and using her will lock her powers away, until she's old enough to handle them on her own!" Levi yelled loudly, his voice deep and rough causing an echo to rip through the tension filled air. "Not on my watch." I stared maliciously at Levi, he was not going to touch her.