One: The New Roommate †

Start from the beginning

"Right, this is the highest floor and you're all on here. There are a few presentation rooms in this building but not many. It's mainly dorms – there are a lot of new students this year, too. There are the athletic grounds behind this building and students are free to sit in the bleachers and watch the athletic students, only if it is a free period. Your timetables are already in your rooms and a map to go with them. I assure you all have your key cards so that leaves one thing: The presentation rooms are all in different buildings which circle the athletic grounds. On your timetables, we have also put your buildings which have your specific presentation room in for classes and they go in chronological order so there isn't much chance you'll get lost," he wheezed.

Well, maybe he was out of breath then.

"There is also a folder in your rooms with extra detail you will all need to know like times of the library and meal times and what you can do in this town on weekends and such. If you need any questions, on the first floor of this building, at the end by the library is the principal office. Granted, you'd have to talk to the receptionist first, but if you need anything like you want to switch classes or something, you go to the principal. Now, I think that's everything so I bid you good luck in your programs and hope you settle in well. Lessons start tomorrow." And with the conclusion of the proclamation, he hobbled back downstairs.

I looked down at the key card in my hand which I had forgotten all about until now; I saw my room number imprinted on the card: room 284. I glanced around and saw room 273 which meant I must be close. I sauntered over to the other side of the floor until I realised that on this side, it ended with 273 so I was back on the other side. Hoping to hide my scarlet cheeks, I bowed my head and strolled back to the other side and saw my room clearly.

Swiping the card through the lock, the red light flashed emerald green after a second and I entered the room. On the left in the corner was evidently my bed with a desk by the side of it with all my documents on top and two sets of drawers at the end of the bed. On the other side, it was exactly the same as if it was mirrored but a girl was already putting up inspirational quotes above her bed on the cream walls which matched the cream carpet. But right in front of me on the wall opposite, there was another door which led to our bathroom.

I let the door close behind me and the girl turned around and stood up from kneeling on her bed. "I hope you don't mind that I chose this bed. It was just the first one I went for when I came in," she spoke. "I put all your documents on your side, though."

I shook my head. "It's fine, don't worry." I smiled.

"I'm Johanna Mills," she said. She had a thick southern American accent. "I moved up here from the south as there was a much better program here for science. Slightly geeky," she chuckled, "I get it. You're Tiegan, right?"

I nodded. "Tiegan Smith. I moved from England to be here. Their athletic program beats the one I opted for in London."

Johanna had such dark blue eyes they looked almost purple with bleach blonde hair which fell in tight ringlets down to her chest. She wore a blue headband in her hair to separate her fringe from the rest of it. She was wearing denim hot pants with dark tights and a thin jumper tucked into them. On her feet she, too, wore black boots. I felt like she was someone I could get along with, hopefully. I mean, in stories when the girl goes to college or university and she has to share a room, the girl is always sleeping round with the rest of the year.

"You're English," she breathed, gaping at me. "You don't look it."

I grinned. "Is that a compliment or an insult?"

She chuckled, "Not an insult for sure."

For the rest of the evening, I spent it talking to Johanna and unpacking my things. By the six in the evening, according to the documents, it was time for dinner in the dining area. Johanna and I walked down together, got our food and sat on the end of someone else's today. We occasionally spoke but not too much. I managed to eat all of my chicken dinner with mash on the side and a few steamed vegetables.

While in the dining room, I let my eyes briefly take in the surroundings. On the walls, there were evident stains from previous food fights and I just hoped that we wouldn't have another while I was located in this room. There were also some more posters in her, hung aimlessly on the walls with blue tack while some were also falling off the wall, only needing the help of one tug and they'd be left for the floor.

While I was looking round, I also hoped to see the boy from before but that didn't seem to work out too well. I was in there for nearly an hour, just sitting there after eating to let my food go down for a bit. I wanted to see the familiar brown eyes and light brown hair that spiked up. But for the entire time, he wasn't in there. He must have gone out somewhere nearby for food with a group of people. That's what seemed to be the case while I was in there. There were a lot of empty tables when the cleaners went round to clean the tables of any leftover food strung to the side as students discarded their plates and cutlery to the trays in the corner.

"I'm going to go back to the room. I'm just going to prepare everything for tomorrow so I'll see you up there," Johanna answered, tucking her chair under the table.

I nodded, relaxing back in my chair and pulling my top down a little. "Okay, I'll be up soon."

Johanna smiled before stalking off out of the dining area and when she left, I got up, too and tucked my chair in. I took one last glance around to see if I had fortuitously missed the boy. What was his name again? Jason. The way it rolled off the tongue was something to be desired. Jason... Jason.

Instead of going back to the room, I took a detour and exited the college before walking round the back to the athletic grounds. I smiled as soon as I saw them come into view. I could see the distinct lines of the track and the soccer/football pitch which had been combined into one. The soccer goals could be easily moved to suit the football goals. I breathed in the fresh air, letting it reach my longs as I gazed longing to be running round the track.

But just as I was looking at the fields, I could see Jason already training, kicking the soccer balls into the soccer goals. Oh, what are you doing to me? I wondered. I could see his hair flatter on his forehead, sticking to it with sweat and his eyes were low on the ground.

There's something undeniably handsome about soccer boys.

------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

So Jason is a soccer (football for you UK readers [like me hahah] so if I put football anywhere in regards to Jason, please do comment and let me know my mistake!) player, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, right? ;)

Thank you :) x