Chapter 3: Welcome Aboard!

SORRY FOR THE SUPER LONG WAIT BUT AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I WAS HOMELESS AND WITHOUT INTERNET FOR A WHILE.

THEN WAS STUCK WITH WRITERS BLOCK DUE TO BEING AWAY FOR SO LONG, BUT HERE IS CHAPTER THREE AT LAST!

I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT

ALSO SINCE I HAVENT POSTED IN A LONG TIME I WILL BE BRINGING BACK VOTES FOR CHAPTERS UNTIL WE ALL GET BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS.

5 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           ------------------------------------------------Valora's POV--------------------------------------------------

It was well past sunset and everyone was fast asleep in the cabin as I stood out at the head of the ship, looking out onto the vast sea. It seems that we are stuck in this new world until we can find a way to get back to the Soul Society. This puts a huge dent into my plans of joining Squad Eleven and  my parents in the court guard squads.

Dinner was nice Mother kept Dad in check while the others got into an eating contest with Luffy for no reason at all other then to beat each other. After dinner everyone went to bed except me, I walked out here where I've been standing for the past hour or so.

Looks like I will just have to make the most of this world while I am here, sighing I picked up my zampakto and turned to go inside but was stopped as I ran face first into Zoro.

"Sorry I didn't see you there" I said as I moved to let him pass me.

"Couldn't sleep could you?" He asked me as I walked by.

"No, how did you know?" I turned and looked at him.

"Your parents told us what happened and how you're all from another world" He said as he leaned back on the ships railing and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Did they also tell you we are all stuck here until we can find a way back" I said more then asked, Zoro nodded his head then spoke.

"And Luffy told them you can stay as long as you need to, until you can go back home to your world" He replied.

I chuckled "Your Captain is very nice for a Pirate, in fact you all are very nice for pirates" He dead panned, "We aren't nice all the time".

"Well I'm off to bed, need to get some sleep for whatever tomorrow brings" I smiled and bid him goodnight, turning I went inside and climbed into one of the empty hammocks. In a matter of minutes I was fast a sleep, dreaming of the day I would one day get back home.

The next morning I woke up to my mother shaking me, yawning I rolled out of my hammock and follow her outside."What's up?" I asked as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes in the early morning sun.

She smiled at me "Today I am going to tell you all about your destiny as the next Gate Keeper " I looked at her in shock.

"A what?" I asked confused.

"Gate Keeper. It is the person tasked with the duty to travel between worlds when needed, it is a lonely path but one you cannot escape until you have a child of your own to pass the duty onto" She said as she rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Is that why we are here? I must do something that fate dictates?" I asked her.

"Yes dear, fate rules us all. Look at your father and I, if I had never been the gate keeper we would have never met and you would have never been born" She smiled and hugged me. "But do not fear your fate Valora, one day it to will take you to the man it has destined for you"

"Why us though, why were we chosen to be the gate keepers" I asked my mother, confused as to why this heavy burden was placed upon us.

"I do not know, but I think that it is a family duty. As you know I never knew my real family, so I can never know for sure." She sighed. "But either way, we are what we are and nothing can change that".

The rest of the day was spent training with Zoro and Dad, Zoro even agreed to teach me the sword fighting style he knows. Messing around with Luffy, Chopper and Usopp. Watching the cook fawn over Nami and Nicco. Learning the way the ship is run and navigated by Nami and a bunch of other stuff.

So far it looked like I was going to enjoy life on the seas as a pirate, it's fun and so far never a boring moment at all. Soon a week had passed by and we had so far ran into three different pirate crews who all wanted to kill Luffy for his bounty, and five navy ships that also wanted to kill or capture us all.

In only a matter of days after,  we all had bounties on our heads just like a true pirate. Mine was only 100,000 but the name is what really caught my eye, they had dubbed me....Violent Valora. I accidentally tore a high naval officer is half when he called me a pirate whore, I have my parents temper times ten.

Slowly but surely we were all becoming true pirates, we all had changed from our uniforms into pirate garb or clothes we felt comfortable in. I still wore my uniform but modified it to look more pirate like and more suited to life at sea and added a crimson sash around my waist and a matching bandanna on my head.

Over the passed two weeks I had become more and more close to Zoro, learning how he fought, training with him and learning the ways of pirate life from him. I learned that he was once I pirate hunter, but one day Luffy came along, saved his life and he became a pirate in his crew to repay him. I liked Zoro but feared that he would be taken from me, as soon as I finish what I must do in this world.

My mother gave me knowing looks every time she saw me with him, but I also noticed the look of sorrow in her eyes. She knew that I would leave this world behind, may it be weeks from now or years one day I would leave. I would lose everyone I have ever cared for, and I don't even know when it will happen.

Mother was right, the path of the gate keeper is a lonely one indeed. I fear the bonds I make here in this world, will tear my heart apart when my path takes me from them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT IT'S BETTER THEN NO UPDATE AT ALL RIGHT

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

ALSO COMMENT!

I NEED FEED BACK!