Chapter 5: Texture Painting 102

Alright, now that that's taken care of, let's rank up my [Wanderer] job...

Taking the diary of Gildas, I opened it and flipped the pages until I reached the middle. This was supposed to be the part where I will rank up but...

Suddenly, bright blue light covered the diary and window popped up.

Travels of a Traveler

You have started the 1st rank quest up of the Wanderer job to become a Traveler! But before that, you must accomplish a set of tasks.

Task #1: Follow the blue star.

Requirement: Complete the tasks

Difficulty: S

Reward: [Traveler] job

Blue star?

Just then, a pillar of blue light shot out of the diary, directly piercing the sky!

After the light dissipated, there, a bright blue ball of light appeared.

So this is...the blue star? I have to follow it? I see, I thought I'll immediately rank up it seems there's a quest huh?...This world is still game-like...

Well, for starters, let's just fly north...

I think I will pass through [Alsey] along the way...I can rank up into a [Texture Painter] first.

[Alsey] is a city surrounded by valleys. At present, it has also been modernized. Asphalt roads and holographic air roads comes out of the city and connects to other cities. Toll gates are also present on air and on ground.

Some modern building and skyscrapers are also present in the city along with cars, both flying or not.

I remain in the air as I stretch my divine sense below, looking for painters...there. That place seems to have plenty of painters. Even if they're not who I'm looking for, they should still be able to point someone I need.

I wore the [Mimic Mask] and changed my clothes to normal ones and teleported to a nearby alley.

The reason for the disguise is because I have a feeling there will be an uproar if I show myself. And after I just made that huge spectacle in [Watervilet]. I already overheard countless of people recording or contacting their friends about it. Some had already posted it on their SocialSelf...just think of it as a futuristic Facebook...well, a lot can happen in 5 years or 15 years here in [Harus] and yes, they also use the internet here. Actually, it's now called Uninet. Short for Universal Network.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, I made my way to the place with a lot of painters...oh, it's the Painter's Guild, no wonder.

I opened the door and the bell chimed, signifying that someone had entered which attracted attention.

"Good afternoon. Are you here to become a [Painter] or buy a painting?"

One of the painters asked as he was one of the few who aren't busy painting.

"I'm wondering how I can become a [Texture Painter]. Can you help me?" (Lucas)

*Crash*

Suddenly, some of them tripped for some reason. Some coughed heavily as if they just choked for some reason. And some slipped and crashed to some materials for some reason.

The one painting were a bit better but their hands still trembled a bit for some reason...

...Fumu, this kind of scenario can lead to three paths according to template/cliches.