Chapter 2: Encounter Again

A couple of hours ago, every student has yet to wake up. Some of them are inside [Harus] and casually adventuring about.

One of which is a certain violet haired shrine maiden.

She would easily pass as the school's top beauty. Her long violet hair fluttered down her pure white outfit which resembled like the uniform of shrine maidens in [Japan].

Snow white skin and cold blue eyes with an expression that tells people she doesn't laugh at all.

She is famous for being known as the [Ice Maiden] in her school. Countless male students have tried to woo her but she just turned a cold shoulder to all of them.

A lot of females also idolize her and there were also some who confessed but as always, she paid them no mind.

But even though her personality is like that, no one despises her for some reason. They all accepted that this is just what makes her, her. And some would even say it is one of her good points.

As for why she was called a maiden, it's because of her part-time job as a shrine maiden and also because her father is a priest.

In this world, she called herself [Yuki].

[Yuki] means 'snow' and it is commonly known like that. However, the character of 'happiness' can also be pronounced as 'yuki' and 'yu' also means gentle while 'ki' means hope.

It can be said that on the surface, she is as cold as 'snow'. While below, she is 'gentle' while also 'hoping' for her own 'happiness'.

But she know all too well that she can never have it.

It is simply impossible.

"...It's been seven years already..." (Yuki)

Yuki's hair fluttered about as she stares at the horizon but her gaze wasn't cold as usual. It had a tint of longing and grief.

Seven years ago, she wasn't as cold as now. Rather, she was bright and happy.

She even had someone she truly loves!

Alas...it didn't end well.

That day, when she separated from him, it was the most painful moment in her life.

She was in a different country, staying with her mother that wasn't Japanese. However, one day, her father called and wanted her to stay with him in [Japan].

Her father was a priest of a temple and he was very strict.

He didn't allow for her to be married and wished for her to be a shrine maiden instead.

In fact, she was even told that he 'made' her for that very purpose.

She was leaving, but she didn't want to leave 'him'.

She knew that 'he' won't be able to follow her and it would break him if they parted.

In fact, 'he' might not even love anyone anymore and just keep waiting. She didn't want that. She didn't want that because of her, 'his' future will be being alone...because she knew they cannot be together.

'His' future is bright, 'he' deserves to have someone to walk beside 'him' as age allows them.

Then 'he' confessed.

"Lucas..." (Yuki)

"I also love you..." (Yuki)

"...ha...haha, you actually think I'm in love with you?" (Yuki)