Chapter 6: Dorville

Edit: Massacre of Monsters to Monster Mass Murderer...

Chapter 6: Dorville

"[Dorville]..." (Euomun)

Eu weakly muttered as she trembled in place.

I readied myself for the worst and readied my stance.

Lowering my center of gravity with the mithril sword at hand, I prepare to run as fast as I can the moment I see a way.

In all honesty, I want to run away now. But I can't leave Eu here like this. And I wanted to know how big this monster is and gauge his speed and strength so I can get a better grasp as to how to escape it so I waited.

The bushes in front of us shook slowly.

It felt like hours passed by just staring and waiting for the monster to come.

While the whole atmosphere was clouded in silence, finally, the monster showed itself.

"-!" (Lucas)

I took Eu's hand and prepared to run as soon as I see the monster but...I stopped.

What can I say...

What was in front of us...was a small fluffy creature with a single horn on its forehead. A horned rabbit so to say.

"W-wha? Geez, you sure know how to scare someone huh?" (Lucas)

Haah...I thought a huge monster would appear but...well, I guess since the bush was short to begin with, the monster would be small since I can't see it.

Now I felt like an idiot for getting so tense over a rabbit.

Come to think of it, I should've used [Enemy Appraisal] before to make sure...oh well, no use fretting over it now. Let's just be glad we're alive.

"Come on Eu, it's a false alarm...Eu?" (Lucas)

I tried to prompt Eu to move but she's still shaken.

...Somehow, I have a feeling what's going to happen...well, I have 2 theories but the most probable one is...

"Cute..." (Euomun)

Right...this kind development...

When I looked back at the horned rabbit for confirmation, it would seem that this was indeed the creature known as [Dorville].

Name Dorville Level 13

Gender Female Race Monster

Description A horned rabbit that appears to be cute and fluffy. But don't let appearances fool you for this is a monster with incredible speed and leg power.

Due to being exposed to a poisonous environment for a long period of time, its body has grown immunity towards poison as well as containing poison in its body.[/tds]

I sighed deeply as I read the monster's description.

So the reason why this forest is called [Dorville Forest]...is probably because this place is abundant of [Dorvilles]. It's actually surprising that we didn't see one until now.

Maybe Eu's actually avoiding them on purpose.

But the poison immunity does pique my interest. All the monsters we've met so far has the same description of poison immunity...I wonder...If I stayed here for a long time, will I also gain the immunity?

Nevertheless, that would take a long time...no choice then, should I try eating the poisoned herbs as we travel?

I have [Zoidentro's Amulet] anyway so recovering shouldn't be that hard.