Chapter 4: World Key

"AAAHHH!!!!!"

Lucas sat up from his bed quickly as if he had a nightmare.

"D-damn...how the hell am I supposed to defeat that monster!?"

He rubbed his forehead in frustration. What happened to him was really not that far off from a nightmare.

He saw a real dragon in front of him and was burned to death with its black flame breath.

"I can't believe this...I'm still hot from the fire and my body won't stop shaking..."

Even though he was in the real world, his entire body was shaking in fear and was completely drenched in sweat as if he was in the desert even though the air conditioning is on.

Looking at his sweat, he decided to take a bath first. It was afternoon and dinner was nearing, so he wanted to at least freshen up before eating his dinner.

Lucas stripped off his shirt as he walked towards the bathroom when he noticed something dangling from his neck that should not have been there, or rather, should not have been in this [World].

"N-no way..."

+ + +

"Ah, looks like he died again."

"And his HP zeroed in one go...looks like he already met Denneth."

"Oh dear..."

Trask, Pearce, and Lilianne sighed deeply.

"Well, it was as expected after all, there's no way he can defeat a dragon."

"Well...I guess, though, Denneth is actually the weakest dragon as far as I know."

Trask said as he looked at Lucas' status in pity.

"But we can't let this chance go, he died, so that means he can't play for another 24 hours. He was one of the lottery winners right? Search him and find out where he lives."

"But, we don't know his real name."

"About that, his name should be Lucas as well."

Lilianne showed a nostalgic smile as if she was remembering something.

However, Trask and Pearce looked at her in disbelief.

"Haha, who uses their real name as their in game name?"

"Him, actually, I asked his name after I introduced myself as Lily, a user. I think he misunderstood and answered his real name by accident as he looked flustered."

"Ah, I see. Well, it's worth a shot, let's see if he's in there."

Trask compromised and ordered to look for his name in the winner's list.

"Found it."

After a while of searching, Lilianne showed a smile as she found the name [Lucas Lauwers].

"Good, then send someone to go get him and bring him here."

"Would it be fine if I go?"

Lilianne volunteers as she wanted to meet him for a while now.

"Hm? Why?"

"Since he knows me more than any employee here, this way he won't be suspicious at least."

"I see, alright. Tomorrow morning, make sure he gets here safely."

"Understood."

After Trask gave the final order, Pearce and Lilianne left the office.