Chapter 3: The Girl Within

["You're using that mask?"] (Warren)

"In the meantime, yeah. I want to see how powerful the so called demonic beasts first...They shouldn't attack a fellow 'demonic beast'...right?" (Lucas)

Not like it matters anyway. I just feel like having fun with this form for a while...

Wearing the mask, my body transformed into that of a [Driradeeth], a cheetah with saber tooth and two weirdly shaped horns on my head.

*Vi vii!* "Kitty Master!" (Vil)

*Grrrr...* "Kitty..." (Lucas)

Ignoring Vil who was jumping happily on my head, I began to walk forward the desolated plain.

This [Thousand Grave Plain] stretches for about 6-7 kilometers wide. On the far distance, I can just vaguely see the outline of a city which I suppose is my destination, [Ziyou City].

There should be just a few more kilometers from where Lin dropped me...but still, how come I can't see any demonic beasts?

Just as I thought of that, the ground rumbled and the area in front of us exploded creating a large hole on the surface!

From the hole, a giant worm with spikes covered its whole body emerged.

Name Spike Armored Worm Rank 3 (middle)

Gender Male Race Demonic Beast

Description A huge worm covered in spikes! Even the inside of its mouth is covered with sharp spike like teeth which are capable of gnawing everything in its path!

Rank 3...

This means that he is comparable to that of a Master Stage Human Realm practitioner!

And since he is considered middle class of the 3rd rank, then logically speaking, he is about the same as a Human Realm 8th level!

Uwaaah, my [Harus] body at the moment is only at the 1st level Human Realm...normally, I guess people at my level would run huh?

Well, let's see how my skills and magic will fare in this martial world!

Determined, I grabbed the dagger on my right foreleg.

In my free time, I thought of making an equipment for my [Driradeeth] form so I made a sheath and handle specially for this form.

Of course, I made it so that it's easy to grab the dagger with my teeth. I can't really use my paw to hold it now can I?

[Fire Enchantment]! [Wind Enchantment]!

With an Intermediate level enchantment, I am able to enchant other beings so I enchanted Vil's horn with fire and my legs with wind for more speed.

Vil's horn began to have a red glow while my legs had a light green glow. This is the effect of the enchantment.

For Vil's horn, anything that touches it would feel heat as if touching fire. For my leg, it would feel as light as the wind thereby increasing my speed!

*Shaaa! Sha sha shaa!?* "You! What kind of beast are you!?" (Spike Armored Worm)

Oh? It can talk? Or well...I guess I can understand since I'm sort of like a demonic beast as well?

Whatever, let's go along for now.

*Grrrr gr grrr?* "What's it to you?" (Lucas)

*Vi! Vii vii!?* "Yeah! What's it what's it!?" (Vil)