Chapter 2

Chapter 2: First Death

*ting*

Notice

You have learned a new skill, (Passive) [Play Dead] Beginner LVL 1 (0.00%)!

Due to constantly being lucky enough to survive the most dangerous situations, as soon as you're HP drops to 1, there is a high chance for low level monsters to ignore you as you fake your death, during this state, you will remain unconscious for 6 hours with your HP frozen at 1 point.

Note that this skill will stop bleeding and poison status but will not be able to defend against physical attack, in this defenseless state, you can only rely on the pity your enemies will give you and your fame will be deducted by 10 points.

Notice

-10 Fame

"Ugh..."

Lucas moaned as he reached for his head with his right hand.

"I'm...alive? But how? Or rather, what the hell is up to this skill!!!???"

Lucas didn't know whether he should be grateful or not with his new found skill. Since it hurt his pride to have such a cowardly skill, he silently cursed but shook his head since it also saved him.

"Haah...This is what happens when you have an absurdly high luck huh?"

In the real world, luck is just an imaginative figure which most people use every day just in order to have something to blame to. But here, luck actually has its value, if there was a lottery here, one just has to use up all his stat point to luck and he will have a higher chance of winning. Not only that, the number and rarity of the item an enemy drops also increases so he should be grateful to have such a high luck.

But what irritated him was the fact that his stats were supposed to be randomly chosen according to the game system after scanning Lucas's body and mind. This meant that the system judged him as a person who only has luck and speed.

"Well, there's no use grumbling about it now, I'll just have to focus on the other stats first."

After thinking about his future actions, he opened the inventory and pulled out a [Beginner's Potion] and drank it to refill his HP.

"Now then...how to get out of here...hm?"

Lucas' sight turned to the upper rightmost of his vision which displayed the time in real together with the time in game. As it was that the game time travels three times faster than in real, the time displayed differed.

[12:15 am]

[2:45 pm]

"..."

Silence filled the atmosphere as he continued to stare at the upper time.

Lucas started to log in around 5:00 pm in real time, he spent more than 3 hours in the [Training Room] and 12 hours when he first fainted and 6 hours on his second near death experience.

Meaning, he hadn't ate dinner ever since.

"..."

Once again, silence filled the atmosphere.

"L-let's just eat a lot for tomorrow's breakfast..."

Getting addicted to the game, he procrastinated himself from eating.

Since he could still play for another 5 hours in real time, he can go on for 15 hours here in the game.

"Having a faster time sure is fantasy-like...maybe I should do my homework here so I can have more time to play?"