Chapter 8: First Wave

"Hold your line! Stand your ground! Defend the walls at all costs!!!" (Knight Commander)

"Sir! Monsters are appearing from the east!" (Soldier)

"Send 5 000 soldiers to intercept them! The city walls shall not fall!" (Knight Commander)

Eude Brianus, Knight Commander of the [Human Kingdom], issued orders as he overlook the battle in the city walls.

The monsters had started their attack about an hour ago, when the sun was about to set.

The monsters numbered 10 000, though the humans have the advantage in numbers, they are weak and cannot kill a monster alone.

This is a losing battle.

Eude knows this yet he continues to fight. For this is his home.

Not just him, all the soldiers battling right now only have one thing in mind.

To protect the people they love even in the cost of their lives.

Even if they knew that this is a losing battle, they still fight.

Fight. Until they die fighting.

This is the honor of a knight.

"If only...that [Hero] is here...where has he gone off to!?" (Eude)

He himself had witnessed the might and power of the man wearing the [Mithril Armour].

Though others feared him, Eude can only have respect and amazement towards the [Hero].

Others had even accused of the [Hero] as one of the Demon's servants.

Eude cannot blame them, after all, he himself had witnessed that event as well.

He saw how the shiny white mithril turned demonic pitch black.

That time...he really looked like a demon so of course some would accuse him of such.

"Yet why?...Why do I have this feeling that he's trustworthy?" (Eude)

Eude shook his thoughts away.

"This isn't the time to think of such things. We still have a war to win!" (Eude)

At this moment, they had already defeated about 2 000 monsters but they suffered more.

Their original 200 000 army is now less than a hundred thousand. Meaning, it took about a hundred thousand to kill a mere 2 000 monsters.

This would certainly not end well.

"S-sir! There are movements from the west forest!" (Soldier)

"Kh-!" (Eude)

If the monsters on the other's side still have reinforcements...winning will be a dream. No, even just buying time for the King and the people to escape will become impossible.

"Damn! Did they use the beginner ranked forest as their cover!?" (Eude)

The forest on the west was a forest named [Dorville Forest], known for its poison and weak monsters.

The fight is taking place on the north east of the city. If enemies came from the west...they will be taken in both sides!

To combat this, Eude decided to take care of the west side himself and jumped off the city wall and only brought with him about 100 knights.

As soon as he saw the monsters, Eude froze.

Not just him, but everyone that saw the monsters also froze.