Chapter 9: Devious Truth Circle

"The [Gatekeeper Project] is a special police force that is not bound to any world and will exist in order to maintain the balance of the concerned worlds." (Colin)

Colin started the introduction of the [Gatekeeper Project].

To sum it up, the [Gatekeepers] are some kind of police, only, they move about in worlds. Battling those who uses a different world technology to cause trouble in a different world.

For example, using magic in [Earth] for crimes and whatnot or vice versa.

The [Gatekeepers] are also divided into [Ranks]. SSS, SS, S, A, B, C, D, E, and F.

The condition for being a [Gatekeeper] is simply volunteering, even if one has no [World Key], they can go as far as [Rank A].

[Rank S] and above are special conditions and would not be granted to just about everyone as it requires high level officials to make the decision themselves but at the very least, they should have a [World Key] of their own.

[Rank S] and above do not do the same activities as [Rank A] and below and would simply move only when ordered. They are the last line of defense so to say, and that they should be able to immediately act when needed be.

Also, this does not mean that they have to be strong, they can also be proficient in other things in order to be a [Rank S] or above. Simply put, the ranking can be said to be their authority to be able to access information.

Naturally, someone from [Rank A] or below cannot gain information only for [Rank S] and above.

Why is there a need for that?

If you think about it, if you were to release the information about how to make a [Teleportation Circle], then what's stopping everyone from going wherever they please?

If we release the formula on how to make a nuclear weapon, just what kind of disaster would happen?

Everyone had started giving out ideas one after another for countering future problems.

For example, if one learned a skill that can make himself disappear or hide, will cameras from our world see them? One suggested studying the magic cameras of [Harus] and fusing it with our technology, giving it different kinds of vision like infrared or x-ray and such.

There were also talks about studying the city's core and see if it is possible to temper with it and maybe add an EMP field that can prevent unregistered techs from activating.

Flying vehicles were also discussed as there seem to be floating islands in [Harus]. They think that the ores found there may be the key for anti-gravitational fields.

They also started to think of items to bless in the [Skill Shrine] in [Sennerth] as well as talks about the future expeditions and how they should go about it.

One by one, ideas were made and everyone seemed to enjoy the benefits that they will have.

Of course, these ideas were not made by professionals of their own fields so it may be lacking at the moment but the idea is still there.

"Right, has anyone here tried switching to his [Earth] form in [Harus]?" (Lucas)

I asked those who were wearing a [World Key].

"No, there was no point for me since this body is more powerful and switching will only weaken me." (Bram)

"I didn't try as well since I feared something bad might happen." (Lin)