Chapter 73

A/N: I am so sorry that updates have been incredibly slow but life at uni has been so hectic I've been struggling to find the time. I'm hoping when it settles down I can put more time into this book. thank you for sticking with me. 

Chris's POV

I was travelling down to New York with Tash to visit (Y/N), she wasn't expecting me until next week though, thinking I was only able to come down for one week not two. "hey are you excited to see mama?" I ask Tash when we were on the plane, "yes dada" she giggles hugging her toy bear tightly. For the majority of the flight Tash was absolutely perfect distracted by watching kids programs on my laptop, but for the last 20 minutes she began to get restless. "hey come on sweetie do you want teddy?" I say offering it to her, "no!" she shouted pushing it away from her. "what do you want?" I ask her, "mama" she pouts tears forming in her eyes. "okay come here" I say pulling her onto my lap for a cuddle hopefully preventing her from causing too much of a scene. Usually if Tash wanted (Y/N) I could call her so that Tash could her voice or at least see her over facetime, but I couldn't do that without giving away the surprise. "where's mama" Tash cries, "we'll see her soon I promise" I tell her, "I want her now" Tash cries. I continue to soothe her and her cries slowly turn into sniffles "you good now?" I ask her and she shakes her head, I sigh slightly in defeat but I suddenly had an idea. I pulled out my phone and started looking through all the photos and videos smiling when I found what I wanted, "hey Tash look at this" I say getting her to look at my phone. I started to play the video, it was something (Y/N) sent me when she wasn't able to answer the phone once. "hey sweetie, it's mommy hope you're okay, I love you loads and I'll see you soon I promise" (Y/N) says in the video, I watch as Tash's face instantly lights up as she watches (Y/N). "see mommy says you'll see her soon" I tell her, "yay" she giggles now in a much better mood. "now will you be a good girl and sit nicely for daddy so the plane can land?" I ask her offering her teddy again, she nods her head and takes teddy from me letting me get her ready for landing. "hey you were such a good girl for daddy, being especially brave when the plane landed" I smile at her as we were walking through the airport "and I bet I have something for good little girls like you" I add stopping so I could open my backpack. Tash looks at me excitedly as I look through my bag, clapping happily when I give her some of her favourite snack "what do you say?" I ask her, "thank you" she smiles as I pick her back up, "good girl now lets go surprise mommy" I smile.

Once we got to the flat (Y/N) was currently living in I settled tash down for a nap before starting to get the rest of the surprise ready. I started look through the cupboards to see what food (Y/N) had so I could cook something for the both of us, but surprisingly they were fairly empty and so was the fridge. "right add shopping to the list of things to do" I mutter to myself, since tash was still asleep I decide to clean up the apartment slightly so that it was nice and clean for (Y/N) before setting up the things I had brought. Perfectly timed tash woke back up when I had finished setting everything up "hey sweetie, shall we go on a little adventure?" I ask as I pick her up, she nods her head tiredly while also yawning. "right lets get you ready to go then" I smile changing getting her ready. i carried tash as we walked the streets of new York, it was so cute watching her taking in all of the big buildings and bright lights. "hey look can you see down there, mommy is in there filming" I say pointing down the street to one of the locations, "mommy?" tashs asks trying to see her, "we'll see her later I promise, she's super busy right now" I tell her. as me tash walked through target grabbing everything we needed tash kept on trying to grab the things I was putting in the cart. Afterwards I took her to feed some of the ducks in central park which made her squeal with delight as she chucked the food out to them. She nods her head but with a pout "hey no pouting lets see that smile" I say tickling her slightly making her squeal with laughter. once I had picked up everything we headed back to the apartment as fast as we could since I was now running low on the time. Once back at the apartment I put tash down to play with her toys while I got started on getting everything ready for dinner and setting up the last touches to the surprise. "come on time for dinner" I say picking task up, "no not hungry" tash cries desperately trying to get back to her toys, "come on I bet you are" I say putting her in her high chair and putting the food down in front of her. it wasn't long before she started eating forgetting that she wanted to play instead, "now early bed time for you, and when you wake up you'll see mommy" I tell her picking her up and getting her ready for bed, thankfully after a long tiring day she didn't protest. Once down and asleep I get all the last bits ready and starting cooking the dinner for both of us, just as I was finishing up I got a text telling me (Y/N) had just left the set. I put the final touches to everything and got ready waiting for (Y/N) to arrive home. I sat down waiting for (Y/N) looking at the time wondering why it was taking her so long, I considered calling her pacing back and forth. After another half an hour had passed and she still hadn't appeared I gave in and called her just to make sure she was okay but when I called the line was busy, at least it meant she was okay but it didn't explain why she was taking so long. I sat back down and kept my phone close by as I waited for either a call or for (Y/N) to arrive home.