Chapter 17

(Y/N) POV

It was halfway through January now as the whole paparazzi thing had calmed down finally, I was on the way to a small restaurant to have an evening meal with my brother since I hadn't seen him in a while and we decided we wanted a proper catch up. I pull up outside the restaurant and go inside to meet my brother. "table for 2 under the name (Y/L/N)" I say to the waiter at the door, he guides me to a table by the window where my brother was sat. "Nathan!" I smile "long time no see" I pull him in for a hug and give him a sisterly kiss on the cheek. "I know I miss my little sister!" he laughs, "hey I'm the older one here just because I'm short doesn't mean I'm the little sister" I scold lightly as we sit back down. We sat and ate our meals telling each other what had been going on in our lives since we last saw each other last year, "so how was your first Christmas with your fiancée grace?" I ask in between mouthfuls. I see his face instantly drop and I know somethings wrong, "uh she left me, on Christmas day" he says softly looking down at his food "it huh, it turned out she had been sleeping with my dear friend Danny" he say now playing with his food. "omg Nathan I'm so sorry" I say sympathetically as I rub his arm across the table "looks like we both got stuck we cheating asshole" I sigh remembering Alex and what he did to me. "yeah but you found Chris, I don't think I'll find anyone" he says visibly holding back the tears as he raised his head to look at me. Grace was his world, I knew he was desperately in love with her and would have died for her but she obviously wouldn't for him. I take his hand across the table "Nathan you will find someone, you are perfect boyfriend material, you're good looking, smart, funny" I say, I watch as a tear falls down his cheek at my kind words "she's an idiot that doesn't deserve you okay" I say as I rub the tear away with my thumb. "now let's finish this dinner and go home and make some brownies to make you feel better" I say, he nods once again smiling and going back to his pizza. Once we eat we split the bill and walk out, he has he arm around my shoulder like he always has as we walk back to my car.

Chris POV

I was so proud of (Y/N), she had ignored every mean comment that had been said. She approached the mean tweets like she did with reviews, and didn't bother reading them. I went to bed alone tonight as she was staying at her house after the meal with her brother, I scroll through the twitter. I fall asleep reading all the nice tweet, unaware that this was just the calm before the storm.

I wake up to my phone having a fit on the bedside table, I look at the notifications that wake me instantly. '(Y/F/N) CHEATING ON CHRIS EVANS' one headline read, I instantly click onto the link worried that it was true. I read it and see pictures that set my nerves at ease, it was just her with Nathan from last night. I shake my head at how stupid the media could be. My thoughts then turn to (Y/N) instantly worried at how she was dealing with this, I don't have to think long before her name pops up as she calls me. "(Y/N)! Are you okay?" I instantly say down the line, "hey um it's Nathan" I hear back. "what's wrong where's (Y/N)?" I say instantly panicking, thinking she was in a car accident or something. "she's her with me, she's safe but" he start drifting off at the end. "but what?" I begin to yell down the phone, "she's in hysterics she won't talk to anyone, not even me" I know somethings seriously wrong now, (Y/N) shared everything with Nathan. "I'm coming" I simply say as I put down the phone. I race and get changes as quickly as possible, I feed dodger and grab his lead planning to take him with me. I grab a banana, and run out the door with dodger putting him in the boot before driving off to (Y/N)'s house.

As soon as I arrive I grab dodger and run to the door, I only have to knock once before the door flies open. I don't even see who opens it as I rush upstairs and into (Y/N)'s room. I slowly open to door and find (Y/N) on her bed knee's up to her chest as she buries her head between them. I walk over to her and dodger jumps up onto the bed and nuzzles his snout between her head and legs, I sit beside her and wrap my arms around her. "you don't need to talk about it" I says softly "we can just sit here, because I'm here every step of the way" she rests her head on my chest and continues to cry. Dodger simply rests his head on her legs, she begins to stroke his head and it begin to calm her down slightly. "I thought this was all over" she sobs "I thought they would leave us alone now" I stroke her hair and kiss her head. "they have it all wrong (Y/N), you know that I know that." I say "I know you would never cheat on me, your too sweet to do anything like that" she slowly begins to stop crying but doesn't say a word "they'll realise they have it all wrong and the joke will be on them" I continue "it's just one minor bump in the road, but that doesn't mean it will all go south I promise". We sit there for a couple more minutes before she speaks again "thanks Chris, I don't know where I would be without you" she lifts her head up to look at me, her eyes still puffy and red from crying "remember I said I would be there for you every step of the way" I say softly, I lean down and give her a kiss. "now how about we spend the day watching whatever Disney movie you want" I suggest, she smiles instantly as we sit there for the rest of the day watching movies only getting up to go to the toilet or get the delicious grimy pizza we order.