Chapter 49

*time skip to early April*

"Dibs on the shower!" I call running into the bathroom before Chris can get there "hey no fair!" he whines "I did a really intense work out today!". I open the bathroom door "and if I'm correct so did I so shhh" I laugh closing the door again. I peel off my sweaty workout clothes and get the shower running, the water instantly feeling great as I wash off all the grime and sweat from the work out. Once I was done I step out of the shower I put my hair up in a towel and begin drying off, while in the process of drying my body something catches my eye. "Chris?" I call hoping he was nearby the hear me, "yeah?" he calls back "uh what's the date today?" I call back, " 11th of April why?" he asks. My eyes widen slightly "uh nothing, just curious the showers free" I say moving quickly out of the bathroom, "ah cool thanks" Chris smiles walking back into the bedroom and into the shower. I smile and wait until I hear the shower running again signifying he was now occupied, I dash over to my phone and pull up my tracking app and it confirms what I was already thinking. Controlling my thoughts since it may not be true, what I was thinking I quickly get dressed again and dry my hair. I was just finishing and putting my hair in a ponytail and pulling on a hat and sunglasses, "you going out?" Chris asks stepping out of the bathroom, I turn and smile "uh yeah, just realises I forgot to pick a couple things up from the shop the other day so I'm just heading out to get them" I say. He nods his head "do you want me to come with you?" he offers, "no! uh no it's fine don't worry, why don't you fix us up some lunch while I'm out it will only be about 20 minutes or so" I say quickly making him furrow his brows at me "uh yeah sure okay, I'll see you in a bit then" he says.

While in the shop I pick up a few random objects to hide the main objects I came in to buy, I kept my head down as I used the self-checkout hoping I wouldn't get spotted. I quickly pay and make my way back to the car quickly, calming myself quickly before driving off. "hey you're back early, lunch is almost ready" Chris smiles when he sees me "do you want me to help put the stuff away?" he offers, I shake my head "uh no its okay its mostly bathroom cleaning stuff, I'll be down in a sec" I smile dashing upstairs. I pull out the main items and begin to unbox it when Chris calls upstairs "(Y/N) lunch is ready", I quickly put it back and hide it in my bedside table draw under a bunch of stuff "okay coming!" I call running downstairs. While we ate our chicken and quinoa, the usual post workout meal, we began talking about the upcoming movie and how we were excited to see some of the guys again. "I'm going to go through so lines after lunch if you want to go through some too" Chris offers, I smile "yeah I have to do something quickly first but I'll be down soon enough, do you want to do it in your office?" I ask knowing it was the furthest room from the bathroom, he nods his head in agreement taking both our empty plates. I head back into the bedroom and grab the items from my bedside draw and head into the bathroom, once I finished using them I wait as patiently as I can. The timer on my phones goes off and I steel my nerves before looking, "shit" I whisper looking at the 5 pluses. "when did we have un-oh shit" I mutter thinking back to the night of my birthday, "I can't believe it" I sigh "I'm talking to myself, okay I need to stop that". I pick up one of the sticks and head downstairs, just as I reach the bottom of the stairs an idea pops into my head "oh that brilliant" I mutter "I'm talking to myself again, I really need to stop that" I sigh making my way back upstairs and into one of the spare room which we mostly use for storage. I grab all the things I needed and started wrapping, using up all of the left over wrapping paper we had, which was quite a lot. Pleased with my handiwork I take the now very large wrapped box and take it downstairs into the living room "Chris can you come here please!" I call, "yeah coming" I hear him call back. When he enters the living room I see the instant confusion on his face "uh what's this" he asks pointing to the large box, "it's a present" I smile, he walk over to it "well you're either a bit early for my birthday or late from Christmas" he chuckles. "oh just open it" I smile pulling out my phone and setting it on the side to record "why are you filming it?" he laughs pointing to the camera "just shut up and open it please" I ask. he starts unwrapping and opens the box fining the next one "really this isn't a rigged pass the parcel is it?" he asks pulling out the next box, I shake my head and urge him to continue. As he unwraps the boxed get smaller and small ending up with the last smallest one, as he opens it he finds a bracelet box inside. Confused he opens the box to see the real item inside, I watch nervously as a wave of emotions convey across his face "(Y/N)?" he says quietly looking up at me "are you, am I, are we?" he stutters eyes beginning to water. I begin to well up too only being able to nod my head "yeah" I say voice barely above the whisper cracking due to the tears, I watch as the biggest smile forms on his face and he dashes over to envelope me in a bear hug. "I can't believe I'm gonna be a dad" he says pulling out of the hug and bending down to be eye level with my stomach "hey little guy, or girl which ever one you are, I don't mind either way" he says smiling "I just want you to know I love you so much already and I can't wait to meet you okay" he says kissing my belly. The scene just makes me weep and tears fall fast "I love you" I smile though the tears looking down at him, he looks up at me and smiles "I love you too, both of you" he says cupping my cheeks and kissing me, smiling into the kiss. "we need to tell marvel, I won't be able to do any of those stunts now" I sigh resting a hand on my stomach "yeah, but no one else, let's keep to that 12 week thing just in case" Chris says. I nod my head in agreement wiping away the tears "do you want to do it now?" I ask, he nods his head sniffling and wiping away his own tears before pulling out his phone. "hi yes it's Chris Evans please can I speak to Kevin its urgent" he say, he waits a few moments "uh yeah hi Kevin, yes I'm fine, I'm calling on behalf of (Y/N) actually, about the movie that we start filming in a month time" he continues "it's nothing bad, it's just that we've found out that she's now pregnant, aha yeah thank you, but of course she won't be able to do any stunt work now" he explains. I watch as he nods his head and continues to talk to Kevin "okay that's great, we do want this to be on a need to know basis, so just the stunt people and the russo's if possible" he says nodding his head to Kevin's answer "yeah that's great thank you and yeah I'll pass it on" Chris smiles saying goodbye. "so?" I ask, "he says he's going to rejig the schedule as much as possible to suit your needs the stunt double will be taking over all the stunts and we will both be finished in September as oppose to October since we have to fly back here" Chris explains resting his hands on my waist. "you know I don't know how I didn't notice because that pregnancy glow is true" he smirks making me smile "I'm barely pregnant so I doubt that's true" I laugh, he shrugs his shoulders "yeah but soon enough you're gonna get bigger and fat!" he smirks playfully. I slap his arm in mock hurt "hey! Don't get on my bad side now, otherwise I'll get you to do anything I want" I smirk.

We had cleared up all of the mess from the boxing and stuff and were just sitting down relaxing "I still can't believe it" Chris sighs moving so I could lie down beside him on the sofa, "yeah me neither, right now there's a little human being inside me" I say looking down at my stomach. "yeah, how did you clock onto it?" he asks playing with a stand of my hair "well after my shower I noticed my monthly products and how I was late" I explain, I can feel him nod his head beside me "so no morning sickness?" he asks. I shake my head "no not yet, that's something I'm not really looking forward to either, that reminds me we're probably going to have to talk to our doctor about scans and stuff" I say, "why would we need to do that? Surely we just need to book them" Chris asks. "yeah but we're going to be out of town remember, so they're going to have to pass on our notes and stuff" I explain, I feel him nod his head again "oh yeah, hopefully we'll just be in Atlanta and not abroad, although the movie doesn't go abroad so hopefully not" Chris says thinking out loud "very true, should be fine I wonder what Mackie and Seb are going to be like when they find out" I laugh. Chris laughs too at the thought "yeah knowing them they'll have a bet going or something, they're always someone betting on us". Dodger then comes running into the living room from wherever he was in the house he runs over to the two of us sniffing us particularly in the face before sitting down on the floor "hey dodger in 9 months' time there's going to be a little one running round" Chris says making dodger tilt his head "yeah he or she's in there right now" he continues pointing to my stomach. Dodger then moves so his head rests on my stomach gently making my heart just melt "oh dear god that is too adorable" I say laughing softly "I think he knows that he's going to have competition so is getting a head start" Chris laughs reaching over to pat dodger on the head. I rest my head back on Chris's chest watching dodger, I let my mind begin to wonder at all the new and different things we were going to experience. Next Christmas we'll have a little one with us, we'll get to watch it grow older, go to school for the first time, graduate, go to college if it want to, fall in love and have their own kids. All starting from today. "what are you thinking about?" Chris ask quietly, I smile and nuzzle myself into his chest "the future, how from this point onwards everything is going to change forever, it's almost terrifying in some ways but excited about it, while also being nervous and" I say beginning to ramble on before Chris stops me by kissing my temple gently "shh I know, there's anxious thought running through your head right now, I know because they're going through mine too, but like you said this is super exciting and we just need to say shh, and enjoy this and if you are nervous just remember I'm here every step of the way" he say resting his head against mine "for the both of you"