Chapter 18

A/N: ooooh triple update aren't you guys lucky!

Chris's POV

I wake up to the sensation on thrashing on my side, I look to see (Y/N) frantically tossing and turning in her sleep. Tears were flowing from her eyes that she kept shut, I go to comfort her but as soon as my hand makes contact with her arm she puts her hands over her ears and screams. It awakens her and she sits bolt upright panting, I sit up next to her and put my arm around her. She immediately begins to cry, I hold her tight and remind her that I was there. "I keep on seeing myself killing them, over and over again each time it gets worse and worse" she stutters through the tears, "but you didn't (Y/N), you stopped it was all an accident it was the paparazzi to blame" I say softly "the women was completely fine afterwards, she said she hoped you were okay". (Y/N) continues to sob, I hold her close and stroke her hair and whisper comforting words into her ear. "what if I'm a danger to others" she says barely audible. "you are not dangerous (Y/N), and don't tell yourself that" I whisper "accidents and mistakes happen, but you will never move on in life if you continue to dwell on them" she remains silent. "why don't we lie back down and if you fall asleep you fall asleep, if you don't you don't" I say "In the morning we will approach this with a fresh head okay?" she slightly nods her head and moves so that she was once again lying in my arms. I stay awake in case she begins to panic again but she doesn't, she falls back asleep in my arms.

I wake up early again I look over to see (Y/N) still asleep, looking peaceful as her chest slowly rose and fell. I gently move myself out of bed and downstairs into the kitchen, I decided I would make (Y/N) some chocolate chip pancakes to make herself feel better. I had finished making the batter when I hear the shower turn on, I sigh knowing that she was awake. I hope the shower calms her like it does for me, as I picture my troubles being washed away. I begin to make pancake after pancake until there was a sufficient pile for the both of us, I was just washing up when I get a notification on my phone. I open it and see the article about the accident yesterday, it said how (Y/N) was feeling guilty about cheating and jumped a red light almost hitting the lady and baby. I get more and more angry at the article that portrays (Y/N) as the bad guy, I don't even hear her saying my name trying to get my attention. In anger I grab the closest thing to me, an apple, and throw it at the wall. It's only when I hear a small screech that I notice the apple hit the wall right next to (Y/N)'s face. My jaw drops at what I had just done, the fear in (Y/N)'s eyes was in full show. "(Y/N) I'm" I say softly as I take a step towards her, she takes a step away from me. "(Y/N)" I plead, she simply runs out of the room. "(Y/N) wait I didn't know you were there!" I call as I run to her "I'd never hurt you I swear!" she's at the front door. She runs straight out into the sea of paparazzi, I watch as she tries to move past them. I make my way down to her urgently, I'm within meters of her when I hear her scream. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" I watch as she shoves one of the paparazzi to the floor, as soon as she realises what she did she crumbles to the floor. I run to her pushing the crowd out the way, I pick her up bridal style and run back into the house with her. I place her on the couch, she sits there and stares terrified at her hands. "what have I turned into?" she whispers, I take her hands in mine and kiss them softly. "(Y/N) you were all worked up and it's all my fault" I whisper "I was the one who threw the apple, and scared you. It was all natural instinct what you did" I bit my tongue at what I said "that's not what I mean, you panicked and did what any normal person would do" I lean over and kiss her forehead. She doesn't react, she just sits there. "I made chocolate chip pancakes to cheer you up of you want some" she doesn't reply, but lets me lead her to the kitchen. I watch as she slowly eats, he mind seems somewhere else.

After breakfast she lets me take her into the lounge, "want to watch some lion king" I suggest trying to keep up the happy persona for her. She shakes her head at her favourite movie, "what about the nanny diaries so you can laugh at me and Scarlett" I suggest again. She shakes her head again. I try desperately to think of something to cheer her up, my mind comes to it almost instantly. I go to the bookcase and grab her favourite book, I sit down beside her and offer it to her. She ignores it, I sigh I sit myself next to her on the sofa and open the book. I read her the story, I try to use different voices occasionally getting a glimpse of a smile when I did a silly one. I got halfway through the book when I get interrupted by her stomach, "you hungry?" I ask softly. She nods her head slightly, "do you want something to eat?" I ask, she shakes her head. I sigh slightly worried about her, I decide to cook her favourite meal. Before I leave the lounge I put some of her favourite music on quietly and kiss her on the forehead, promising her I would be right back.

I take the bowl her favourite meal to her, I find her sat up rubbing her hands together nervously. "here I made you your favourite" I say as I place the bowl on her lap, she doesn't touch it. "(Y/N) you need to eat otherwise you'll get ill." I say softly rubbing her arm. "c'mon don't make me do this" I say, I take the fork and get a small mouthful on it. I watch as she eyes my hand suspiciously, I begin to make plane noises. She shakes her head at me, once I get it near her mouth she refused to open. "this is flight NB8399 requesting permission to land" I say in a piolet voice, she raises and eyebrow. I smile at her hopefully, she gives in and opens her mouth slightly allowing me to put the food I her mouth. I offer her the fork and she takes it eating the meal on her own, I pick up my own bowl and begin to eat with her. "now munchkin if I do say so myself this is a very delicious meal I made us" I smile, "don't get ahead of yourself dorito" she says quietly. It brings a small smile to my face seeing her look and feel better, even if it was only slightly.

Once we finished eating I asked her what she wanted to do, "could you read to me again?" she asks sheepishly. I smile "of course anything for you munchkin". I move and so that she can sit in between my legs and lie down on my chest, I kiss her head softly before picking up the book and beginning to read. I read in the exact same way before, getting bigger smiles when I do a funny voice. She even corrects me when I pronounce and character's name wrong. I read on into the evening, I was near the end on the book since it was a fairly large one. I glance down at (Y/N) to see her asleep, her eyes closed and her face almost peaceful. I gently put the book down trying not to wake her, I lay my arms across her waist as she shifts in her sleep. I stay there watching her sleep for a couple of hours just in case she had another nightmare like before, but she remain peacefully asleep. Tiredness soon gets the better of me and I slowly fall asleep, holding (Y/N) in a way to protect her from her nightmares.

Although it was me that had the weird dreams tonight. I dreamt that I was heading to set on my own for the next avengers movie after (Y/N)'s solo movie, when I arrive I do my normal routine and go to the coffee machine. "god can't you go a day coffee can you?" a female voice says behind me, I turn around to see Emily in her shield uniform. "what are you doing here?" I ask confused, since her contract had ended. "the same thing I have been for the last 4 movies," she says "playing your love interest." The words make me stop in my tracks "but (Y/N) plays my love interest not you" I say taken aback, "who's (Y/N)?" she asks confused. I stare at her also confused "my girlfriend, the one who plays Jennifer Baldwin my love interest" I say, she furrows her eyebrows at me "Chris are you okay?" she asks. "yeah why?" I shoot back, "because there isn't a character called Jennifer and there never has been" she says. I shake my head at her, she must be messing with me. I continue to look around the lot for (Y/N), but still haven't found her. I see Scarlett talking to Robert and go over to them, "hey have you seen (Y/N)?" I ask them. They both stare back at me confused, "who's (Y/N)?" Scarlett asks. My jaw drops, this must be a prank how could Scarlett forget (Y/N). "(Y/N) the girl we went to college with?" I say "one of our best friends ever since". They both look at each other concerned "Chris, I have never known anyone called (Y/N)" she says slowly " there wasn't anyone in our class called (Y/N)". I take one step back, I don't believe I glance over my shoulder and see the trailers. I turn on my heels and look for (Y/N)'s trailer, I walk past everyone and don't see hers. I walk back over each one again and again determined to find hers, I stop when Scarlett puts a hand on my shoulder "Chris you're tired go lie down" she says softly. "okay stop with this prank okay! Just tell me where (Y/N) is and stop saying she doesn't exist!" I shout, Scarlett's eyes widen at my sudden outburst "Chris nobodies pranking you, there genuinely isn't anyone called (Y/N) in this movie" she say. I still don't believe it "swear on your life that what you're saying is true" I say slowly, she doesn't even hesitate "I swear". With that I wake up with a slight start, I look down to see (Y/N) still in my arms. I sigh in relief, and squeeze her tight before burrowing my head into her shoulder and falling asleep once more.

64Y|j+