Chapter 71

(Y/N)'s POV

I was out grocery shopping with Nathan, "got the diapers this one even picked them out" Nathan laughs putting the diapers in the trolley as he held Tash. "thanks, I think that's everything" I say looking down at the list, "I bet you're excited for tomorrow" Nathan says as we walk to the checkouts. "tomorrow?" I ask confused, "yeah you know the day Chris comes back home" Nathan says, "oh dammit I've been so busy I completely forgot" I say trying not to swear. "hey its okay what do you need to do?" Nathan asks, "I don't know I thought I would do something to you know welcome him back after the 10 weeks he's been away but I have no idea what to do" I say trying to think. "okay what about a date night I'll look after Tash while you guys go out" Nathan suggests, "he'll be tired from the flight over, he'll probably just want to have a night in" I sigh. "well then do that, a movie night you can build on of those dens, watch his favourite movies have his favourite snacks, he'll have all his favourite people there" Nathan suggest passing me Tash. "sounds good okay snacks, that means jelly babies" I say trying to think "on it" Nathan says heading off back into the shop. "now we have everything, come on lets get back I'm tired" Nathan complains as we finally head back to the car, "whoa if I didn't know any better I would think you were the baby in this situation" I smirk. "hey I could just stop helping out" Nathan warns, "okay I'm sorry, but thanks for the help over the last couple months" I thank him as I put Tash in her car seat. "hey its okay I don't mind helping out, get to spend some time with my niece, and dodger gotta love dodger" Nathan laughs as he get into the car, "well thanks again and I think dodger likes you too" I laugh starting the car. "well he better after all the walks I took him on" Nathan laughs, we carry on talking on the drive home. Nathan helps me put away most of the shopping "sorry I got to go I've got date night with Angela" Nathan apologises "hey its okay glad things are working out for you two how long has it been now?" I ask him, "uh it's been 19 months" Nathan smiles. "aww cute nearly two years" I smile, "yeah starting to think she may be the one" Nathan smiles down at the floor getting all bashful. "well I better not keep you now go on go" I laugh shooing him out, "okay I'll see you soon, say bye to Tash for me" Nathan says heading to his car. "I will have I nice date" I laugh watching him drive away, "hey sweetie you want food?" I say picking Tash up "food!" she laughs happily. "come on then" I smile taking her to the kitchen to feed her, I place her in her chair and start feeding her. Half way through feeding her I hear the door open "its just me, I forgot my phone sorry" Nathan calls out making me laugh, "you gave me a heart attack I thought it was Chris getting home early" I call out, "oh Chris yeah he's back too" Nathan calls out. "what?" I ask shocked, "I'm joking sorry, see you soon" Nathan laughs. I shake my head returning my attention to Tash "he is a little trickster isn't he" I laugh, "yes mama" Tash laughs, "good girl" I smile.

I spent most of the next day playing with Tash while also getting ready for when Chris gets back, "peak-a-boo" I laugh playing with a blanket with Tash making her squeal with laughter to the point where dodger came running in the check on her. "dod!" Tash laughs pointing at dodger, "she's okay dodger just having fun" I laugh stroking his head, I lift Tash onto my lap so she could pet dodger too. "careful Tash not to hard" I say showing her how to gently pet dodger but he seemed fine with it either way. The hours until Chris got back seem to go extremely slowly, I guess it gave me time to make sure everything was ready but if anything I just wanted time to fly. Finally I heard the door open "honey I'm home" Chris calls out in a singsongy voice, I smile picking up Tash and heading over to him "hello dear how was work" I smirk, "same old same old now c'mere" Chris smiles pulling me closer for a kiss. "dada!" Tash says happily, "hey sweetie how is my little girl, you've grown so much" Chris smiles cuddling Tash and kissing the top of her head. We then hear dodger come running towards us "someone else missed you" I chuckle taking Tash back as Chris bends down to cuddle dodger. Dodger was super excited to see him licking his face making Chris burst out laughing, dodger ends up knocking Chris over pinning him to the floor. I laugh filming the whole thing as Chris tries to get back up but can't "come on boy yes I know I love you too, can I get up now?" Chris says still trying to get up. once he finally gets up Chris goes to kiss me again but I stop him "you have dog slobber all over your face" I laugh, "okay I'll go clean up but as soon as I'm back" Chris smiles. "of course now go" I laugh as he heads upstairs to clean up dodger following him closely. "now can I kiss you?" Chris asks when he came back downstairs "yes of course" I smile, Chris then takes Tash from me placing her down with her toys "what are you doing?" I laugh as he turns to face me. "this" he smirks grabbing me and pulling me closer and dipping me for a kiss making me squeal with laughter "oh my god Chris" I laugh as he stands me back up, "what you can't expect me to be away for 10 weeks and not do that when I come back" he smiles. "well since you've missed quite a bit why don't you go feed this one her dinner so we can get on with night I've planned" I tell him nodding down to Tash, "oh sounds nice, come on Tash I think you're having an early night tonight" Chris smiles picking Tash up. I follow them in the kitchen watching as Chris happily fed her, "what?" Chris laughs when he sees me watching "nothing I've just missed this sight" I smile as I lean up against the door frame. "come here" Chris smile beckoning me over, I walk over and with his free hand he grabs my arm pulling me onto his lap "now I have both my girls" he smiles kissing my shoulder while he continues to feed Tash. Once he had finished feeding Tash I found him upstairs playing with her "what happened the early night?" I chuckle walking in "she convinced me otherwise" Chris says smiling up at me, "well it is actually her bedtime now and I think she missed her bedtime stories from you" I smile. "well that's not good, shall we get you ready for bed then" Chris asks Tash, "no dada" Tash says still playing with her toys. "well then" Chris laughs "come on bed time" he says picking her up and changing her, "I'll be downstairs" I whisper making my way out of the room. "okay I'll be there in a few" Chris says, as he puts Tash down in her crib.