Chapter 48

(Y/N)'s POV

"oh my god Chris please do not fall!" I cry coving my eyes in worry, as I peak between my fingers and still seem him leaning precariously of the ladder trying to hang the Christmas lights. "(Y/N) it's fine I've done this many times before" he laughs moving so he wasn't leaning so much anymore "it doesn't make it any less scary, I don't want to have to cook the Christmas dinner for both our families alone because you've broken something" I call up. He laughs throwing his head back "so you're more worried about the cooking than the safety of your husband" he says sarcastically, I give him a slight look "you know what I meant, of course I'm worried about your safety!" I exclaim "could you not move the ladder instead of leaning off of it?" I ask. Chris leans back gesturing with one hand "(Y/N) it's perfectly safe up here" he say "they're nothing to worry- oh god okay" he loses his balance and slips slightly making him grab for the ladder "CHRISTOPHER ROBERT EVANS! DON'T DO THAT!" I scream at his partially in anger at his stupidity and in worry because of his stupidity. Chris looks at me slightly scared and makes his way back down the ladder "okay sorry, I'll move the ladder instead of leaning" he says once back on the safety of the ground "and?" I says putting my hands on my hips "and I won't mess around while I'm up there" he sighs smirking slightly. A slight smile grows on my face, I cup his cheeks and kiss him swiftly "good boy, now you be careful while I go inside to bake some gingerbread for the kids, I don't want to be looking out the window and see you suddenly come flying past it" I tell him. He chuckles pressing a kiss to my forehead "I promise, but you have to save some of those gingerbread cookies for us" he smiles, "of course, I'll make a batch just for us, may as well eat while we can before we have to start doing the work outs" I laugh leaving him to go bake.

I had just make the second batch of gingerbread as was placing all the cookies onto the tray when I saw the ladder being placed outside the kitchen window. I watched as Chris climbed the small height so he was seen, when he saw me he waved like a 5 year old, smiling I waved back at him. He then proceeded to take it a step further and begin to mess around swinging slightly, obviously forgetting the promised he made me. I give him a light warning look which he sticks his tongue out to and carries on messing about in an attempt to make me laugh, I grab the tray of unbaked gingerbread cookies and walk over to the bed and threaten to bin them. Once he notices he stops immediately and mouths an apology before carrying on with the decorating, I glance down at dodger who was watching me curiously "he never listens does he" I sigh smiling slightly before getting back to work. I was icing the cookies when Chris came back inside the house now feeling quite cold "gotta get me some cwoffee" he say in a new York accent rubbing his hands together "oh these look nice" he says reaching out to grab one of the cookies. I smack his hand away making him retract it quickly "hey, I just wanted a cookie no need to go all Jackie chan on me" he says rubbing his hand slightly "sorry but these are for the kids when we see them tomorrow so no touching, our batch are still cooling" I say pointing over to the cooling trays. I see a sly glint in his eyes as he nods his head innocently and moves in the direction of them "and don't even think of try to get one, not until they're iced" I say continuing with the icing. I then feel his arms wrap around my waist and head rest on my shoulder "aww but they look and smell so good" he whines "and the icing is so tempting" he says trying to reach out the squeeze some onto his hand. "Chris don't" I warn but a laugh was threatening to reach through "just on little bit?" he asks innocently, I sigh in defeat and turn in his arms to face him "okay open your mouth" I instruct. He smiles happily and opens his mouth wide, I squeeze the bag so a small stream falls into his mouth but ultimately end up missing completely leaving him with a icing moustache "(Y/N), it's all in my beard" he complains laughing as he tries to wipe it out. I laugh and wipe of a bit off he missed "you want it?" I offer holding up my finger, he raises a brow before licking it off "that bit was super sweet" he smiles, "and that was super cheesy" I laugh. Chris moves away to make himself a coffee "we still need to go get the tree, when should we go that?" he asks taking a sip of his freshly made coffee, "uh well we can't tomorrow so day after? I don't think we've made any plans" I say thinking out loud, "sounds like a plan" Chris smiles kissing the top if my head before leaving the kitchen.