Chapter 37

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up to the sound on my phone buzzing constantly on my bedside table, I yawn looking at it too see the group chat that Scarlett set up for all the bridesmaids becoming active. I see I have a bunch of questions that they wanted answers to, mostly about the hen do so I quickly answer them on the lines of: no strippers, yes to alcohol and nothing too crazy. Once I finished I turned my phone off and rolled back over to face Chris and fall back asleep. It was about an hour later when Chris's phone rang waking both of us up "hmm I wonder what Seb wants" he says thinking out loud before answering "hey Seb what's up?" he ask. Chris then passes the phone to me "it's for you" he tells me, I furrow my brows in confusion "he said he couldn't get hold of you so called me instead" Chris explains. I take the phone "hey Seb, what's so important that you needed me for" I say yawning, "(Y/N) its 10 am why are you still in bed?" Seb ask making me look over at the clock to see that he wasn't lying "I don't know we didn't need to be anywhere so why not have a lie in" I explain. "okay getting to the point have you seen the nominees?" Seb asks, "nominees for what?" I ask confused. I hear Seb sigh over the phone "the Oscars, (Y/N), voices has been nominated for a bunch of awards, including get this best actor and actress. (Y/N) WE HAVE GOT OSCAR NOMINATIONS OH MY GOD!!!" Seb yells excitedly down the phone, the shock of the surprise makes me drop Chris's phone. With the confused look Chris gave in response to me dropping his phone and the utter shock across my face I quickly scoop up the phone "seb you better not be lying right now" I warn him. "nope hasn't your management been in touch to let you know?" he asks, curious I take my phone and turn it on. First I get a wave of group chat messages then a text from my agent telling me the good news "oh my god, this is unreal!" I say excitedly down the phone, I hold my phone up so Chris can see the text and his face lights up into a smile immediately. "I know right, anyway I have to go now, well done on the nomination" Seb say "you too Seb, bye" I reply before we hang up the phone. As soon as Chris's phone was away from my ear I get pulled into a bear hug "munchkin I'm so proud of you, I'm not surprised at all, I'm going to be married to an Oscar winning actress" he tells me proudly. I pull out of the hug slightly so I can look at him "I highly doubt I'll win, this is my first nomination and I'm still a newbie and there's other amazing actresses in it" I tell him, he shakes his head "I still think you have this, but even if you don't you're an academy award winning actress to me" he smiles leaning down and kissing me on the forehead then lips. "you better tell your family, they'll be just as proud as I am" he says passing me my phone, "no lets skype them, I kinda want to see their reaction" I say getting up to grab my laptop.

*time skip*

I looked at myself in the mirror once more smoothing out my dress, it was red with a deep v neckline and a skirt the flowed down to the floor and behind slightly. It was fairly understated but I liked it that way, I look over at Chris and see him tying his shoes before standing up and straightening his suit. "(Y/N) you look beautiful, don't worry" he says coming to stand behind me, "you look very handsome as well" I smile turning round to face him. "are you nervous?" he asks me placing a gentle kiss on my forehead "slightly, like I said I doubt I'll win so just looking forward to enjoying the night" I smile straightening his bow tie slightly. He takes my hands away from his bowtie and kisses both of them softly "and like I said, I think you are amazing either way. Now let's head off, the red carpet awaits" he says offering his hand. We walk down to the lobby and our limo was there, along with Seb who was waiting for us "you guys are going to be the best dressed couple" Seb says as we approach, "aw thanks Seb, and they don't call you sexy seabass for nothing" I tell him.

The red carpet for the Oscars was stunning, the whole atmosphere was incredible. There was a moment where I saw Leonardo DiCaprio posing for a photo in front of me and my jaw just dropped. Me and Chris were stopped numerous of time for photos, the paparazzi shouting to get our attention and asking for one or both of us in the photo. I get pulled aside a few times for interviews with tv crews "so (Y/N) what's it like being here?" the lady ask me holding her mic over to me "it's incredible, the amount of talent here is overwhelming I feel like just an average person star struck at everyone around me" I tell her. She nods her head "but that's not the case at all, you've been nominated for best actress, how does that feel?" she asks, I shake my head not quite thinking of an answer "uh, a mistake, I honestly can't believe that I'm in the same category as amazing actresses like Meryl Streep and all the others that deserve to win it so much" I tell her. "well you've done an amazing job and you deserve it as much as they do, good luck" she says ending the interview "thank you bye". When we entered the Dolby theatre we both me and Chris had one more interview inside, the interview was pretty much the same as they others "either way it's going to be an amazing night, Neil Patrick Haris hosting it means it going to be some sort of spectacular show that I can't wait to watch the show" I conclude. "well thanks guys, we won't keep you much longer and let you get to your seats, good luck for later" the guys says ending the interview.