Chapter 28

(Y/N)'s POV

"hey (Y/N) what you reading there?" Chris asks from across the living room, fully involved with what I'm reading I don't quite hear him "hm?" I say slowly drawing my attention away from the script. Chris chuckles and sits down beside my feet which I had up on the sofa, he gently takes them into his lap and begins to rub them softly, "I said what are you reading?" he asks again I pass his the script for him to read "a movie my agent thinks will be really good, it's about a man who develops schizophrenia and the struggles he and his love ones face" I explain. Chris flips through the script "are you going to audition?" he asks handing me back the script, "maybe, it start filming a couple weeks after avengers wrap up in September and it's only a 2 month shoot since it takes place in mostly the same area so I will still be around for the press junkets" I explain. "I think you should," Chris says "it seems like a really good movie, plus it's a chance to show you can do more than just super hero movies, and I think you have a good shot at getting it" I smile at his kind words "thanks apparently I'm on the directors list, but it doesn't guarantee me the role" I flip to the pages that they want me to audition with "would you doing the lines with me for the audition tape?". Chris grabs the script and reads the pages "sure when do you want to do it?" he asks, "after filming today? I suggest and Chris nods in agreement.

It was the last week of filming in Atlanta before we made our way to Italy for some location shots, I had sent on my clip to the directors of the new film and had some skype calls with them so that we could do a couple of scenes with their direction. I was just waiting to hear back from them now, "(Y/N) you ready to do our last action scene together?" Chris asks as he wraps his arms around my shoulders and rest his head on top of mine, "you're just happy that this is your last scene in this heat, I still have a couple more after this" I laugh turning round so I could rest my head in his chest. "I think you're forgetting we all have that last scene together tomorrow" he smiles as he places a kiss on the top of my head "oh yeah, I think this heat is slowly making me go crazy" I sigh. He laughs at the comment "what? Even more crazier than you already were?" he smirks, I look up at him raising an eyebrow "it's a good thing that you're hot because you would be so dead right now". Our small conversation was interrupted by the stunt coordinators calling us over to go through the fight sequence once more before we filmed. Luckily this scene involved me diving into a pool to grab Steve who had been knocked out before being thrown into the water, it meant that both me and Chris had the refreshing coolness of the pool. I got set up on the platform I would be diving off of, since I would be wet once I jumped in I only had one take to get the dive right. I move to my starting mark and take up my position with the stunt man who I would 'knock out' before diving in, once the guy was down I sprint straight for the edge of the platform and dive straight into the pool. once I was under the water and I knew the shot was done I wave to the underwater camera before swimming back up to the surface. "that was great (Y/N)! You can stay in there while we set up for the next part with Chris" joe says once I swam to the edge of the pool, an assistant hand me a small towel so I can dry off my face. Chris comes over and lifts a bit of hair that had fallen across my face out of the way "you look nice and refreshed" he stated, "yeah it's nice and cool in here, I bet you can't wait to get in here" I smile. Before he gets a chance to answer one of the make-up artists comes over and begins to touch up my eye make-up which ran slightly, while being tended to Chris is called over by the directors abruptly ending our conversation.

A few minutes later Chris had joined me in the pool and we were waiting for the scene to start, Chris still hadn't put his head under the water yet so I decided to change that. While pretending to yawn I stretch out my arms , Chris not really noticing until I swipe my hand across the water causing a wave to crash into his face. He splutter slightly at the sudden shock "you are so going to get it" he warns shaking his head slightly, biting my lip to control the laughter " not if you can't catch me". Before he had a chance to react I quickly go underwater , but before I can get very far he grabs hold of my waist and pulls me back to him. Once back above the water Chris slings me over his shoulder and begins to bounce up and down laughing he stops when Anthony calls over "okay guys stop now we need to start filming". Instead of putting me down gentle Chris decides to throw me back into the pool, when I resurface I look over to see joe and Anthony shaking their heads at us. We both set ourselves up, we hear action being called and submerge ourselves in to the water. Once under I wrap one arm under Chris's arms and pull him back up to the surface with me, he remains limb to some extent as I swim to the edge pulling him with me. We have to repeat the scene a few times to get the shot but we finally get it, I climb out of the pool and grab a towel to dry my face. "okay before you guys dry off we need to get the next part where jen calls for back up" joe says directing us to where we were next shooting. Fairly quickly we start rolling holding onto Chris shoulder strap I as gently as I can drop him as if I was just pulling him and begin to check his vitals "guys I need back up cap is out of action and I don't think I can carry him to the jet by myself" I say to the comm in my ear. Chris then coughs and splutters and slowly opens his eyes "jen?" he coughs "yeah, I'm right here you got knock out but we're getting you back to the jet" I say pushing some of the wet hair out of his face since he wasn't wearing his helmet. "no I'm fine, we need to finish..." he groans as he begins to sit up, I place my hand on his shoulders and push him back down "no you're not, now lie down" I say but he sits up again "jen I can't stop fighting" he argues. I sigh and push him back down again and point a finger at him "Steven Grant Rogers you will stay down" I warn, as he sighs in defeat. Robert off camera calls out his line for reference "does gramps need a lift?" I glance up to where Robert would be "shut it tin can and help me" I groan. We repeat the scene a couple of times as usual, a couple of takes I mess up my lines on another take Chris coughs too much causing him to have a coughing fit. "okay thanks guys, you can go get dried off now, (Y/N) you can have a break , Chris we will see you tomorrow for the last scene before Italy" joe say.