Chapter 68

"hey you hungry?" I ask poking my head into Chris's office, "hm?" he mumbles looking up from his computer, "I said are you hungry? You've been here in a long time" I say walking over. "what time is it?" he asks confused "half 2" I tell him, "whoa feels like I've only been working an hour not 5" Chris sighs rubbing his head tiredly. "how is it coming?" I ask him pointing to his work, "slowly, the writer really loves the work and isn't that big on wanting to change it but it could be so much better" Chris sighs leaning back in his chair, "is he not listening to any suggestions?" I ask, "well he is kinda like I'll say could we adapt this into something more like this and he'll write it but barely change anything, I was really hoping this was the one" Chris sighs. "I know, you'll get there I promise, why don't you take a break leave this for a bit and then come back to it with a fresh head" I suggest resting my hands on his shoulders "yeah I probably should, I feel like all I've been doing is working on this and not spending anytime with you even though I've barely left the house" Chris sighs looking up at me. "yeah it has been a while, maybe we should have a date night soon or something" I suggest, "geez yeah when was the last time we did something like that" Chris says, "don't know not recently that's for sure" I say trying to think back to it. "well its decided then next Wednesday me and you are having a date night, get someone to watch Tash and we have the whole evening and night together, and it gives me exactly 6 days to plan something amazing" Chris says smiling up at me, "it's a deal now come on, come have some lunch before you work yourself to death" I chuckle pulling him up out of his chair and out of the office. Just then we hear Tash crying "I've got it you've done more than enough" Chris smiles kissing the top of my head before heading off to find out what Tash wanted. "wahey look at you go" Chris laughs as he holds Tash up as she walks, well stumbles into the kitchen "naw soon you'll be off on your own" I smile bending down in front of her, she reaches out for me with one hand which I then hold on to before picking her up. "I half made yours over there" I say to Chris nodding over to the food I was preparing "on it" he chuckles going to go finish the job "what did she want?" I ask him, "just woke up from her nap that's all" Chris says. Tash then begins to get restless in my arms "hey what's up little one? You thirty hey? Let me just get you a drink" I say putting her down in her high chair. while I quickly make her a drink she bangs on the table slightly "okay missy its just coming now" I chuckle as I give her the Sippy cup. She happily drinks away giggling occasionally, "there you are munchkin" Chris smiles passing me my lunch "thanks gorgeous" I smile as we sit down to eat. "so what should we do then? This afternoon that is?" Chris asks, "dunno family walk to the park, take dodger out" I suggest. "yeah sounds good I'm sure dodger will love that" Chris chuckle looking over at dodger who was looking at us expectantly wagging his tail. "oh heads up" I warn as I notice Tash was finished with her cup and was about to throw it, "got it" Chris says as he catches the cup mid-air "good catch" I tell him. "I know right should play for the patriots right" Chris smirks, "yeah just don't quit you're day job" I smirk making Chris laugh "so much for loving support" he jokes.

"(Y/N) can you read this as quickly as you can" Chris says running in holding a script, "uh yeah sure" I say trying not to cough. "and let me know if its something you would audition for" Chris says sitting down on the sofa next to me, watching me as I read. "Chris I can't focus with you watching me like that" I say glancing up, "yeah oh course sorry" Chris apologises sitting down on the floor to sit and play with Tash. Once I had finished reading the script I passed it back to Chris "yeah it really good so much better, I think you have something good here" I tell him. "so would you audition to be in it?" he asks me hopefully, "you aren't actually asking me right?" I ask him slowly. "no, but if this was just a normal movie would you?" Chris asks, "yeah I would" I smile, "yes thank you!" Chris says hugging me. "I wouldn't do that" I warn him, "why not?" he asks looking at me confused, "because I think I'm coming down with something and I don't want to be ill or make you ill and have to cancel the date" I tell him. "aw okay well let me know if you need anything, rest up okay" Chris says kissing the top of my head "I will I promise" I smile lying down on the couch so I could still see Tash. "here let me take her while you go have a nap or something" Chris offers, "no its okay I'm fine" I tell him with a sniffle. "no I'm taking her, now go on up to bed and rest" Chris says picking up Tash and some of her toys, "but you're working" I argue sitting back up, "yeah I can multi task it will be fine I promise, now go on" Chris chuckles shooing me out of the room. "but you'll get me if she gets too much right" I say giving in, "yeah I will now go rest and get better" Chris smiles. After a much needed and long nap I really didn't feel any better, if anything I felt much, much worse. Putting on one of Chris's hoodies, which was basically mine now I made my way downstairs to check on Chris and Tash. I paused at his office door smiling at the scene in front of me, Chris had Tash on his lap while also on a video chat with the writer, producers and his manager. "yeah so that seems all sorted on my end and I can't wait to get started on all of this" Chris smiles "thanks again and I hope I do it justice", he then catches sight of me and smiles. The call ends and I walk over to him "hey how are you feeling?" he asks, I shake my head "not any better, I feel worse" I sigh, "yeah you don't look to good, what do you think you have?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders "hopefully nothing more than a cold" I say with a sniffle, Chris stands up and holds his free hand up against my forehead "you're burning up" Chris sighs. "go relax, you feeling hungry?" he asks, I shake my head not having any appetite at all "well you should eat something, I'll fix you up some pasta or soup or something and I'll bring it to you" Chris says. "okay what about Tash it's close to her dinner time?" I ask him, "I'll sort it and putting her to bed so you don't have to worry about any just getting yourself better" Chris smiles. "okay, thank you Chris" I smile weakly before heading back up to bed, a little while later Chris appeared holding a bowl of soup and some medicine. "is Tash asleep?" I ask him, "out like a light, think all the movie work tired her out" he jokes earning a small laugh from me. "here, just a small bowl" Chris says passing me the bowl "thanks sweetie" I smile slowly sipping away at the soup. Once I had finished Chris passed me some meds and some water "thanks, sorry that you have to look after two people instead of one, I promise I will be better for our date though" I tell him making a chuckle "I would much rather you just relax and get better when you get better we can go out anytime" Chris smiles. "now come here" Chris says opening his arms out to me, "but you'll get sick" I tell him, "it's a risk I'm willing to take" he smile pulling me into his warm embrace and soon enough I felt myself slowly falling asleep.

It was Wednesday and while I felt slightly better I was in no state to be able to go out, I had been lying in bed all day in and out of sleep trying to feel better. I notice Chris walking in and sitting down on the edge of the bed "hey" he says quietly as he gently stroke my head. "hey Chris, I'm sorry I'm still ill" I sigh, "stop apologising, it's okay" he smiles. "I know but I know we were both looking forward to this date and we're both so busy with Tash and your movie that it may be a while before we get another chance" I sigh rolling over so I could look up at him. "that's why we're still having our date" Chris smiles, I look up at him confused "huh?" I ask. he stands up holding out his hands to me, I hesitantly take them "what are you doing?" I ask, "just follow me" he smiles as he leads me downstairs. As we walk into the living room I see a den made with movies ready to go, "what is this?" I ask confused, "this is our stay at home date, a nice cosy den with food if you want it and whatever movie you want" Chris smiles. "but what about Tash?" I ask him, "my mom is looking after her like we planned" Chris explains. "what do you think?" he asks, "I think I have the best husband in the world" I smile up at him. The both of us sat down in the den and we put on my favourite movie curling up as we watch it. "do you think we'll have more kids" I ask Chris out of the blue, "like now?" he asks confused, "no in the future, like in a couple years or something?" I explain. Chris thinks for a moment "I mean I would like more kids, a big boston family you know" he chuckles, "not too big though you're not the one that has to push them out" I laugh, "yeah of course, but I'd think it would be nice all the kids out playing in the backyard, play football with them, go on holidays and trips to the beach" Chris smiles to himself as he pictures it. "yeah it would be sweet, them playing with dodger too would be really sweet" I smile beginning to picture it too, "so big movie man when do you start the process?" I ask him. "soon hopefully we're aiming to start filming by end of march so don't worry I'll be around for your birthday" Chris smiles hugging my tightly, "as to what we need to do is, getting more people on board, casting and location scouting, luckily not in new York again because that was a pain" he continues. "understandably, when I lived there I got so pissed off at film crews shutting down streets" I smirk up at him, "haha very funny, but you were happy to see me then weren't you" Chris says knowingly "yes of course, so do you think it will be purely location, or studio or a bit of both" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders and sighs "I don't know I guess if we can't find a location that has most of what we need we may need to use a studio which means we'll also have to agree a time with them" he explains, "lots of agreeing, do you have anyone in mind for the roles?" I ask him. "I have a few ideas whether they want to audition is another thing, it's a risky thing working with someone who is still kinda new to all this" Chris explains, "I'm sure you'll find someone, you've made good friends over the years, friends who will probably want to help out and get involved, because they know you won't take short cuts" I tell him. Chris looks down at me and smiles "thank you so much munchkin, I couldn't ask for any better support, I'm happy to know you have my back" he smiles kissing my forehead "I'll always have your back no matter what" I smile up at him.

A/N: hey guys i'm going to be doing a Q and A chapter on my other book, if you guys have any questions about this book or about anything just message or comment them :)