Walk #1

Savannah Underwood

"Wow," I said to myself while looking at myself in the mirror. I picked a good outfit for the day.

"Savannah!" I heard my mom yell. "Savannah Underwood!"

"What?!"

"Get out here!" I blew my breath, adding the finishing touches to my outfit. A couple of wrist bands was all I needed.

"What, mom?" I walked into the living room and she was standing by the door ready to leave.

"School starts in thirty minutes and it's a twenty minute drive there. You're wasting time. Are you ready to go?"

Today was my first day at my new school. I got expelled from my last school because of my behavior. Too many referrals, too many altercations with too many people including teachers. I was just a trouble maker. I guess they just got fed up with me but it's alright.

"Why do you care?" I asked crossing my arms. She looked at me, squinting her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"I said why do you ca-"

"Because you're my daughter, Savannah."

"That's not what you've been saying the past 17 years." She rolled her eyes and then began unlocking the door.

"Don't have time to argue with you today. Just have a good first day."

"Whatever."

"And Savannah?"

"Yes?"

"Try not to get into any trouble at this school. It's your senior year, the last thing you want is to not be able to get into a good college."

"I don't want to go to college anyway." 

**

When I got to the school, everyone was just standing around in the parking lot like classes weren't about to start in less than ten minutes. 

I was getting a lot of stares as I walked up the building. It's like everyone knew I was a new kid.

"Look." I heard someone say near me. I turned in the direction of them and it was a group of girls staring at me. I just sighed and kept walking. I really hope there won't be any problems with the females at this school like there was at my last.

"Hey, are you new here?" Someone asked me walking towards me. It was another girl.

"Yeah, it's my first day. How did you know?" I replied.

"You look out of place." She chuckled.

"Can't say I'm not."

"Well welcome to Grant High School. School of the hoes. My name is Alex." I shook her hand laughing.

"Savannah." I said with a smile. "And who is that girl? A hoe?" I joked while pointing at the girl who told her friends to look at me when I had walked by.

"That and my stepbrother's girlfriend. Her name is Jasmine and she's pretty well known for messing around with a lot of guys. Don't ever get caught up in her drama. Especially if it's about her boyfriend. Once you get caught up in her drama, there's no going back."

"Note taken."

My first day at the school went pretty smoothly. I didn't have any problems with anyone. Just a lot of stares for being new to the school but that's expected.

At the end of the day while I was walking to my car I noticed a group of people staring at me across the parking lot. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and continued walking. I then heard laughter and turned around just to glance at this group of people. One of the boys in this group was now running towards me.

"Aye, baby. " The boy said. I stopped walking and turned around to meet his stare. He had really nice and curly blonde hair that was clearly dyed. He was also tall and he had some real thick lips.

"Baby?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, what's up, girl." I laughed looking back at his group of friends who were staring real hard at us.

"Do you want something? Is there a reason why your friends are staring?" I crossed my arms looking at him while waiting for an answer.

"Are you new here?" He asked ignoring my questions.

"Who are you?" I asked ignoring his right back.

"Chris. Chris Brown." 

"Okay, Chris, why are you talking to me? Why are you still standing in my presence?"

"Just wanted to introduce myself. I can tell you're new here." I gave him a hard stare then looked back at his friends who were still staring with smiles on their faces. It was obvious this was more than just him introducing himself and I don't have time or patience for people like this. Boys like this.

"It was nice meeting you then." I attempted to walk away to end the little game he was trying to play with me but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I jerked out of his grip and looked at him. "Don't touch me. I don't even know you."

"My bad. I just wasn't done talking to you, baby." I blew my breath looking at my feet. This guy was really pushing me to be rude with him since my actions weren't clear enough.

"First of all, my name isn't baby so you can stop calling me that. It's Savannah. And take a hint, pretty boy. I'm not interested whatsoever. So leave me alone please."

"Okay, Savannah!" He said adding extra tone to my name purposely. "Damn you're that type of girl, huh."

"What, is this the first time a girl showed no interest in you? Are you not used to that? Is this the first time the story your friends are waiting for didn't go your way?" I laughed turning away from him to leave. "Get the fuck out my face with that."

"You're mean as hell. I was just tryna get to know you." He laughed watching me walk away.

"You're still talking to me? I thought I was that type of girl." I said to him.

"Yo, your attitude gonna get you fucked up, girl."

"And who's gonna check me? Cause I swear to God it isn't you." He mean mugged me.

"Kill that shit aight? Forget I said anything." I put my hands together and bowed down to him.

"Your wish is my command, Master Chris." He rolled his eyes and walked away while I bust out laughing.

"Damn shame."