A Call For Help

Jakie's POV

What had just happened? Nobody on the werewolf side of things had heard of the Servania Coven for a long time. H3ll, the younger generations never learned and the older ones kept quiet. The nurses and doctors kept their eyes on me. I guessed they were expecting me to burst into tears or something. I wasn't planning on it.

I had to keep strong, I knew that. I knew he was still alive. I was the sort of person you would want on your side. They would use him as bait, and that made me furious. Let's make vampire mush! Missy said viciously. I had internally raised an eyebrow at her. Since when was Missy so violent? Since they took my f*cking mate! She snarled. I had shut our link off after that. No. Way. Was my little peacenik of a wolf half demon? I never knew.

"Ms. Victor, how are you feeling?" The nurse asked me. I saw her glance at my left hand, just to check. I smiled, just to get some of my natural arro-confidence back. "Well, slimy vampires took my mate from right next to me," I paused for effect, then let my smile slip. "How the h3ll do you think I  feel?" I asked.

"Fine, I get it." She said grumpily. Really? Didn't seem like it. She asked me that question. Then, the real fury of the situation sunk in and I wanted to decapitate any vampire within an 1,000 mile radius. Although, that would not have been good for me. Then, another doctor wandered over. "Ms. Victor, I have been asked by Nurse Rose to sedate you. Said you may become viol..." That was it!

I jumped up and picked him up by his shirt collar. I stood up to my full height, which unfortunately for him happened to be 6"4. I put my face dangerously close to his. "Listen here, doctor. I just lost my f*cking mate to f*cking vampires. Don't you dare try to sedate me. I can tell. You're unmated. You don't know how it feels like." I whisper dangerously. I set him back down on the ground.

He skittered sway and I laid back down on my hospital bed. Stupid pricks. I thought to myself. He probably has an uncountable amount of people who he loves and who love him. Where as I can count on both hands how many people I love. I thought to myself. Then, the memories started to flow. I tried to stop them and failed. My mental box where I kept them had broken.

Good night Mommy, I love you.

Good night, little warrior. Mommy loves you.

Get away, you stinky breath!

Yeah, get away weirdo!

Mommy, where's Daddy?

Hey Ara, I'm going to see my Mom.

Mom? Mom! Wake up! Mom!

Oh, Jonathan!!!

I, Colin Roberts, reject you, Jakie Victor, as my mate.

I, Jakie Victor, accept your rejection.

You need to pay for your mistakes, Jaklynn.

You're the cause of Alma's death.

They were all negative. I was surprised I wasn't crazy from all the negativity. I was trying and failing to shut the words out and put them back in my mental box when positive stuff came.

Ma-Ma!

Ma-Ma!

I don't hate you.

You're back. Alive.

The positive words shoved the negative ones back in. I decided to add one more, just to lock the door. I love you. I thought to myself. The door locked. Perfect. I opened my mouth and out came the quietest sound, too low for even a werewolf to hear. One I didn't want to be heard. It wasn't meant for anyone else's ears.

"I love you."

___________________________________________________________________________

*The rewritten version*

And here, folks is a glimpse of Jakie's mental state and coping systems. As in honour of the memories. That shall be the new chappie name. Memories.

W.L.W.

Vote! Follow! Comment!