The Hunt Is On

Jakie's POV

I woke up lying on my bed. Aunt Ruby had been sponging my face. "Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded weakly and pulled myself up. I had been out for several hours, judging by the early afternoon sun spilling in from the window. Alexa ran over and jumped on my bed. "Jak-we okay!" she said happily. I threw my arms around her into a hug. "Thanks, Aunt Ruby." I said happily.

"It's alright dear, and call me Ruby." she replied. I laughed and got up. I really had to pee. Why would mate do that to us? Missy asked. I shrugged internally. Cuz he's a douche. I replied. She gave a short laugh and disappeared into my subconscious. I shrugged at her. I did my business and went to find myself some food. I made grilled cheese and went to get a good look at the farm itself.

The land was quite small, only about an acre and a half. There were cows, chickens, pigs, and horses. It was a really nice farm. Inevitably, my thoughts wandered back to my old pack. Were they looking for me? I highly doubted it. Nobody had really given a rat's long pink tail about me when I was still there. I was completely fine with that.

I faced palm. I had forgotten that my mother was buried back in that town. I wondered if I'd ever see her grave again. I hope so. We can't. They'll be expecting us to go back there for that reason. Missy, the voice of logic, interjected. I know. I just need to plant blue roses there soon. I replied. And, it's Zoe's birthday soon. I've never missed it. I added. I could hear Missy sigh. I know. I like Zoe, too. It's just her father I hate. She stated. A creature can't help its ancestry. I answered. Missy huffed and went off to rant.

The Hunt was on.

_____________________________________________________________________

Lacey's POV

Why don't people listen to me? I asked Sally, my wolf. I could hear her sigh for the 50th time. Lace, it's because you weren't supposed to be Alpha. Daddy had a son or a daughter before you. They got Alpha genes. she replied. Do you have any idea who it is? I asked. Sally groaned before answering. Yes. she replied. I was giddy. I would get this burden off my back!

Who is it then? I asked. I heard Sally whine uneasily. That wasn't good. Erm, I don't have a name, but I have a gender and an age. The first born is a 18 year old female. Sally told me. I wrote it all down on a piece of paper. -Daddy, I have an idea on who the first born Alpha child is!- I linked him using the family link. -Huh? Uh, sure. Fire away.- he replied. I frowned. Daddy wasn't normally this uneasy. -An 18 year old female.- I said back.

Daddy closed off the link, panicking. I suddenly felt another presence in the link. Maybe it was the Alpha girl? I tried to grasp onto it but it was gone. She had also blocked off the link. Shame. I really wanted to meet big sis. I thought. I sat down and continued my search.

There were a bunch of names but one stuck out at me. Jaklynn Alma Victor. What kind of middle name is Alma? I circled her name. She was 18 and obviously female. Could this be the person I'm looking for?

_____________________________________________________________________

Don't worry, It's not moving too fast. I have plenty more ahead.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!