Difference

Jakie's POV

I heard Orion crying during the night and automatically got up. I softly tip toed towards his room. The moonlight was shining through the window and landing on the white bassinet. I picked him up and out of the bassinet, then sat down in the rocking chair. I carefully positioned him like Oliver showed me.

I began to rock him back and forth in the rocking chair and his eyes opened. I gasped. They were the color Silver. I think I had read something about a baby with Silver eyes but I couldn't properly remember. Then, another memory showed up. One of Mom singing to me when I was little. I then began to him the tune of the lullaby to Orion.

"Didn't I say you would feel maternal towards Orion eventually?" I heard a voice say from the doorway. Oliver was leaning against it with a little smile on his face. "Yes, you were right." I said. I got up and moved Orion to the changing table, we had brought down a lot of furniture. I put one hand on his stomach to keep him from rolling, just in case, as I searched for a clean diaper.

"Doing well, Ms. Mommy?" Oliver asked and finally wandered in. I didn't spare him a glance as I did up the disposable diaper tabs and wrapped Orion up in his blanket. I felt a warm hand on my back and I knew it was Oliver's. Right now, we probably looked like a happy couple with their first baby.

I put Orion back down to sleep and he yawned. He closed his eyes and yawned again. "So uh, what'll you do now?" Oliver asked quietly. I turned to look at him. "I'll stay here, of course. My stepmother probably hates my guts and if I showed up, she would murder me on the spot. And judging by the two new presences I felt in the family link, she had twins. It's clear I'm not wanted." I explained.

Oliver wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "You're wanted here. Orion needs you and I need you." he said in my ear. I relaxed and smiled. "I know, silly. Now let me go please, I'm tired." I said happily as he let me go. "Night." we said at the same time and walked off to our individual beds.

_____________________________________________________________________

I know it's short but today will be a double post. Oh, I started a new story called Right Where you left me and I could use some reads and votes!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!