See, That Was Self Control

Jakie's POV

I hadn't slept at all in the last 2 days. I had developed insomnia. I was afraid of losing my baby again. Every little creak made me jump and I hated it. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until Colin was dead. Unfortunately, murdering the Beta in his bed in the dead of night would attract way too much attention that I didn't want.

I checked the clock. 9:03 a.m. I started coffee and checked out my face in the mirror. There were deep shadows under my eyes from not sleeping. It's times like this I wished I had a bit of narcolepsy. Then I could get some sleep. I pushed back my dark, growing bangs and flattened down my hair. To say I was a mess was an understatement.

I checked on the coffee and poured myself a cup. I then drank it straight down and winced at the burning as it went down. Hot coffee burns a lot worse than vodka. I heard my baby crying and I went upstairs. I took the path to his new room and saw him writhing around in the bassinet. His cries were shrill and high pitched. I was suddenly wide awake.

I checked his toes and didn't find anything wrapped around them. I then examined his skin. Right on the most unnoticeable part of his back, there was a cut. I stopped a slew of colorful language. Self control, self control. I took a deep breath and laid him back down. I went to get a damp washcloth and came back.

I quickly dabbed at the cut and put a bandage on it. I was clenching my fist and my claws were digging into my palm. That sicko hurt my baby. He hurt my baby. He was going to die. Very painfully and slowly, as well as very soon. My vision started to redden and I shook my head. Not now, Not now.

It went back to normal and I sighed. There. Better. Self control, self control. Oh screw this! I was going to bash his head in with a rock! Just not now. I picked Orion up and went back downstairs to feed him. He was pretty large, even for an Alpha baby. Chubby little thing. I dare say, he is pretty cute.

Oliver was already down there. "Magic coffee!" he said happily and printed to the machine. I rolled my eyes and laughed as I put Orion in the highchair. "No silly. I made it when I came downstairs." I said with a tired laugh. "Still can't sleep?" Oliver asked. I felt my temper flare up a bit at the words. "No dip, Sherlock. Do these shadows under my eyes look like I'm sleeping?" I said sarcastically.

"Hey, Hey! Don't jump down my throat! Go chug a bottle of Nyquill, or something." Oliver answered sharply. I sighed and put my hand against my forehead. Note to self and wolf, no sleep makes us sarcastic. I said to Missy. She mentally rolled her eyes at me. No duh. She snapped back.

I sighed again. Maybe I should have killed him when I had the chance. Although, I do have a lot of self control.

_____________________________________________________________________

So here's le chappie. Not too rushed I hope.

Bleh. I didn't win anything at my meet. Bleh. Whateves.

Special thanks to @dmartens For wishing me luck!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!