Aunt Ruby

Jakie's POV

I was driving for 5 days, all while staying in front of the moving truck. My thoughts wandered. Had anyone found out I was missing? Was I missed? Well, I don't think that last one was very likely. Then, my phone went off. At a read light I picked it up. BLOCKED NUMBER flashed across the screen. I checked the text.

I, Colin Roberts, reject you, Jaklynn Victor, as my mate. Huh, so that was my mate's name. Ex-mate now, I guess. I quickly typed back. I accept your rejection. I, Jaklynn Victor, reject you, Colin Roberts, as my mate. I sent back. Soon,  he accepted.

I pulled into Aunt Ruby's driveway and I could see her running down the pathway. As soon as I stepped out of my car she engulfed me in a big hug. "Oh, Jakie, it's so good to see you!" She said happily. I hugged her back and laughed. "Jak-we!" I high pitched female voice said. It was my cousin, Alexa. I gave her a big hug after I let go of Aunt Ruby.

"Where's Uncle Marcel?" I asked. Aunt Ruby's eyes misted over and I could see she was about to start crying. "Left me for another woman." she said sadly. I frowned. Alexis had the same predicament I did. Dad leaves True Mate for other woman.

"Okay. The movers will take my stuff into the house." I said, quickly changing the subject.

_____________________________________________________________________

Alpha Jonathan's POV

"I, Jonathan Brunick, hereby step down from Alpha position and give it to you, Lacey Brunick. The new Silver Moon Alpha, Lacey Brunick!" I said at the end of the ceremony. My oldest daughter, Lacey, looked pleased as the Alpha position was bestowed upon her. Yet, something was wrong. Something felt out of place. I looked out into the crowd. One face was missing. Jaklynn's.

My wife, Alise, went up to congratulate Lacey. Her younger sister and younger brothers followed suit. It was a nice sight for me. No, It should have been Alma here. Austin said. I felt saddened as I felt the old pain of loss. I know. It's Jaklynn's fault she's dead. I replied. Austin scoffed. Who turned off Alma's life support? Who stole her and Jakie's money? You. He snarled.

I cut off our link and I had a feeling he was ranting. I went over and gave Lacey a huge hug. She tried to command 15 of the pack members to get lunch started and they didn't obey. Odd. She tried again and then the noticed she was there. Then obeyed. I frowned. Lacey lacked the Alpha command. It was clear she was never meant to be Alpha. Who was?

_____________________________________________________________________

Jakie's POV

My new room was right next door to Alexa's. I could tell I would like living here. I didn't miss my old pack. I was happy, since I had remembered to bring Mom's engagement ring and her locket. The only thing I missed was her. I had left her grave behind in Michigan.

Then the pain started. It felt like a sword of blue fire was being shoved into my heart. I clawed at my shirt, unbuttoning it. I clawed at my chest, trying to make the pain stop. I didn't realize I was screaming, but I heard the sound of running footsteps. I was then given a mental image of Colin and another girl doing it. I saw a smirk on his face as her lips met his.

The image was gone and I was writhing in pain. I was barely conscious and screaming bloody murder. Alexa was crying now and Aunt Ruby appeared in the doorway. She had a bottle of pills in her hand. She opened my mouth and forced two in. My swallow reflex kicked in and I felt them go down.

The pain was as bad as ever but I felt my eyelids getting heavy. Aunt Ruby had given me sleeping pills. Still writhing, I drifted off into a tortured sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________

Aww, poor Jakie! *sniff*

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!